How to implement a comma based NPC´s dialogue system à la Infocom?

I suspect you’ve got the wrong compiler version for the Spanish Language extension, then. You can adjust that in the Settings tab.

1 Like

I am not sure, I think the 6M62 it supposed to work with the Spanish extension, but I will check it.

Thanks!

This is what happens when you have so-called ‘verbless grammar’ defined in your story- that is, ‘Understand’ phrases for actions that start with a token in square brackets rather than with a verb word.

See this thread for a detailed explanation and a fix (for 9.3 / 6M62).

5 Likes

That was the problem!

An impressive solution. With your permission, I will use the code and I will credit you for that.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I detected some conflicts between this fix and my previous code. I don´t know if it is due to my convoluted code or not, but just in case others have the same problem, now the parser says doesn´t recognize some verbs. For example, you eat an apple and then try it again and it says it doesn´t recognize the verb.

OK, thanks for the DM- I am looking into it.

1 Like

After Dr Peter Bates kindly looked into the problem, it seems the problem must be somewhere else, I suppose it is something in my code, or a problem with my extensions.

For time being I am going to stick to “ask”, “tell” and “say”.

Thanks again everyone.