How to handle hallways and also a Q on doors

Hello,

Quick question about hallways. My IF has a long hallway with many doors coming off of it. So I need a lot of rooms that are named Hallway. But how can you name 2 rooms the same? For eample:

[code]
The Access Door is an closed door. The Access Door is east of the Control Room.

H1 is a room. The Description is “The main hallway”. H1 is east of Access Door.

H2 is a room. The Description is “The main hallway”. H2 is east of H1.[/code]

But on screen the user sees the H1 and H2 in bold, then under that the description. I want the all of the hallway rooms to be named “Main Hallway” or something, and not have to number them.

Also a question on doors. above I have room called Control Room, and a door called Access Door which leads to the hallway. Is it right to have to put the door East of the Control Room and the Hallway East of the Access Door? I tried making both the door and hallway east of the Control Room (made since to me that way) but got an error about how can both be east…

Thanks for reading,

Jeremy

The room name displayed in bold is the “printed name” property. So you could say:

H1 is a room. The Description is “The main hallway”. The printed name is “Main Hallway”. H1 is east of Access Door.
H2 is a room. The Description is “The main hallway”. The printed name is “Main Hallway”. H2 is east of H1.

You could also define hallway as a kind of room, and define the description and printed name for all hallways. Same result, but it saves typing.

Yes.

Thanks zarf! Exactly what I was looking for.

I wish it was easier to find this type of thing in the documentation.