How do you flush a kitten from your duct-work?

We rescued 2 barns cats and put them in the guest room to acclimate and they somehow got into the air-conditioning grate and are now wandering in my duct-work below my house.

Has this ever happened to you?

No – I did not fit into the ductwork.

:laughing:

“Very carefully”

Leave out food?

We just stumbled upon that idea! We ensured there was only one vent they could come back out from, and we put some tuna fish in that bedroom. We have a small cam we set up and are vigilantly watching for them to emerge.

When they do, we have rigged a booby-trap with twine and we simply pull the twine from another room and it pulls some boxes on top of the vent.

We’re hoping this works. But hey, what else ya gonna do when snowed in?

Can you post it on philome.la?

I guess on this forum, I should’ve been clearer. See attached.
Snapshot_20150217.JPG

So the cats can make choices how to get the food, or is a parser involved?

The cat uses its little paws to drag verbs like “EAT” and “PLAY WITH” towards the food

wtf.jpg

The one in the photo looks like he’s never heard about a pawser before. :wink:

Any success?

get cat

YOU DO NOT SEES NE KITTEHS HERE.

thump duct

VIOLINS NO IZ ANSERZ TO THIS ONE, K?

look in duct

SEZ 2U BFORE NO KITTEHS HERE HOOMANZ!!!

x cats

IZ LOOK GOOD AS EVER…I MEANZ…SED NO KITTEHS HERE STOOPID HOOMANZ!!!

Alas, no. The little one, Spot, comes up but we’ve yet to see mama cat. So after dinner, I’m probably heading into the basement to see what I can do. :open_mouth:

The older cat might use QUILL instead.

On a more serious note, you may want to consder not just food but the litter box. Cats are pretty hygienic and if they can use a litter box they will. But, if they realise they can just nip out of the ductwork, eat/drink/do bodily functions, and then come back in, they’ll probably do that instead. Which means you’re screwed. Having racked my brains to try and get a kitten out of the tiny space between the back of the fridge and the wall without tearing down my kitchen, I feel your pain.

Oh, def. That guest room has all they need. That’s why the kitten likes it. We just gotta get mama to chill out.

SUCCESS!!!

We played the waiting game and it paid off. We set up the booby trap and cam and waited and sure enough, mama cat came out with the kitten to eat/drink/etc and we pulled the twine, trapped them in the room, and now all is well!

:smiley:

Glad to hear this story had a happy ending.

Harlowe or Snowman?

Hooray!

Pix of kittehs plz?