How do I delete this?

I don’t need it anymore

Could you post your code, so we can see what might be the issue?

Never mind Kasran! I figured it out. I had named the room “Dead end” which i guess means you can’t go that way. Thanks though!

The name of a room has no effect on whether you can go to it or not. It’s more likely that you’ve accidentally failed to set the proper map connections.

This, for example, works:

[code]“Houdini” by Chin Kee Yong

The Inescapable Oubliette is a room. “Oh woe! Here you will spend the rest of your days in misery.[paragraph break]An absolutely impassable wall lies to the west.”

The Dead End is west of the Inescapable Oubliette. “It defies all logic that you just walked through a wall, but here you are.”[/code]

The indentation of this block

before going through the cell door: if the cell door is closed and the cell door is locked: if the player carries the rusty key: say "You unlock the cell door with the key, and open the door. That was easy. [paragraph break]"; now the cell door is unlocked; now the cell door is open.

is going to make a big difference.

If it’s this:

before going through the cell door: if the cell door is closed and the cell door is locked: if the player carries the rusty key: say "You unlock the cell door with the key, and open the door. That was easy. [paragraph break]"; now the cell door is unlocked; now the cell door is open.

then the cell door will open and unlock itself, because the last two lines aren’t indented under “if the player carries the rusty key.” But this:

should work, I think, because the last two lines are conditional under “if the player carries the rusty key.”

In general, it’s a good idea to put code tags around your code to preserve tab stops like this (and make it easier to read). Hit the “code” button above where you type your comment, and then copy-paste your code inside the tags it makes.

Also, you shouldn’t need this if everything else is working:

Before going through the cell door: if the cell door is closed and the cell door is locked: Stop the action

The Standard Rules prevent the player from going through a closed and locked door.

AHAHA!!! It works! Thanks Matt w!

Still though, how do I delete this problem once I’ve fixed it?

No need to delete it. Just leave it up, so people can follow the conversation, and people who come along later with similar problem might be able to find your post and learn from it.