Hit me with my purse

Can’t get the wind to blow money out of the purse (defined as a container) when the player is outside:

[code]The purse is a portable closed openable container.

The purse is on the table.

Some car keys is a thing. It is inside the purse.

Some money is a thing. It is inside purse.

Check carrying purse:
if purse is open:
say “[if player is outside]You neglected to close your purse and all the money inside it flies away with the wind.”;
now money is off-stage;
otherwise:
continue the action.
[/code]

I get the message:

Problem. You wrote ‘Check carrying purse’ , which seems to introduce a rule taking effect only if the action is ‘carrying purse’. But that did not make sense as a description of an action. I am unable to place this rule into any rulebook.

1. I don’t think you can put specific objects into the “check” line, just actions. Specific objects would have to be check cases.
  2. Is carrying an action? I don’t think “player carries the purse” is an action. It might be a relation. If you say “carry object”, the parser has you pick it up.

Why not use an every-turn rule?

Every turn when player carries purse?

You could do that, but then she’ll get the message every turn unless you tell it only when the money is in the purse.

Every turn when the player carries the purse and the money is in the purse:

That worked.

Just for the records, you can do this: “Check opening the medicine cabinet:” is an OK way to begin a rule. The problem was, as you said, that “carrying” isn’t an action.

Oh, I see. That probably could have made some of my code more parsimonious, haha. Thanks for stepping in to clarify!