Hint Request: Nothing Could Be Further From the Truth

No worries! How to approach turning in the Church cell: Okay, so when you are in Beneath the Altar, you are safe. You can see them. They can’t see you. So you could choose to record them from there. For example, “record archbiscuit”. Then you would “submit feed”. Because they are dressed up in their outfits, the recording would count as proof of their criminality (belonging to the Church). If you want to join them, you would have to go up. You have one turn to do something. Let me know if you want more info.

1 Like

I would have been disappointed to stumble onto this unprepared. Fortunately, this all confirms what I was thinking and planning already.
Still, @keturion, could you be so careful to hide your spoilers please? A simple [spoiler]write explicit clues here[/spoiler] does the trick.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Oh, right. I’ll do that now.

3 Likes

I can’t actually get under the altar, though – should I be able to enter the hole, or the passage under the lab once I get the controller working, without dying?

Okay, so the problem is that you die when you approach the Church cell.

About trying through the hole in the wall: Won’t work. They will get you before you have a chance to do anything.

About trying with the aid of the controller: You have revealed the crawlspace. However, when you enter, you sneeze from all the dust. This alerts the Church cell. Would be nice if you could remove that pesky dust before entering, eh?

2 Likes

@DeusIrae @rovarsson moving the hinting away from Mike’s review thread for the Spring Thing so it doesn’t continue to hijack it!(Mike Russo's Autumning Thumble 2023 Reviews - #45 by DeusIrae)

The question is about the interview at the very end and not being able to proceed. One thing to realize is that not everyone gets the same interview.

You may want or have to accuse someone during the course of the interview, not just the end as was Mike’s experience.

2 Likes

Oh great! Way to complicate things further! Now I can’t even cheat off of Mike’s paper. I’m never gonna pass this test. How am I going to explain this to my parents? I’ll never go to University with this failing grade. And apparently I’m sitting here in my underpants and everyone is staring at me!

----breathes… again… again… ----

Ok, Rovarsson. Get a grip. You got this.

2 Likes

Done! I’m really trying my best to “play the character” and be glad for Oliva. It’s the only way to be proud of my achievement as player and not succumb to the moral ambiguity and uncertainty.

3 Likes

Moral ambiguity and uncertainty! Yay! That’s the point!

I think it was @DeusIrae who mentioned a missing political context. In my view, none is needed, but I wasn’t sure if I was able to achieve the desired effect. So there is hope! Well, not for you or Oliva. Fair enough. I mean, what kind of person are you, @rovarsson? Those choices you made… tsk tsk.

I’m starting to think that I liked Oliva too much, and it comes across in the game. Really, everyone in the Bunker is awful.

Edit: I think the problem is that in a book, a reader does not identify with any of the characters, so it’s okay to make them awful. But in IF, the player implicitly identifies with the protagonist, and it would therefore be hard or even undesirable to write a game where the protagonist is awful.

2 Likes

----ahem-Varicella-aheuahem-SavoirFaire-arreughahem-every randomly killing kleptomaniac PC----

3 Likes

Lmao… okay I stand corrected!

1 Like