Hint Request: Nothing Could Be Further From the Truth

I have not gotten very far-- I can’t get past the scientists and the turnstile. The hints aren’t helpful, because I did the things it suggests on my own.

I can get behind the desk, and I can get into the contraption, but doing anything from either of those places kills me.

Anybody played this yet? Does the author, Adam Wasserman, have an account here so I can tag him?

2 Likes
  1. There’s something else you can do inside the contraption.
  2. Other than just wait.
  3. Can you do something to block off the opening?
  4. solution: close contraption, wait until gas clears.
2 Likes

Ah-- I tried this but I see from my transcript that I misspelled contraption (contaption), so I got the “Can’t do it” reply and gave up. The perils of long words in parser IF.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh, hrm, also, there are hints for this in the game, but they’re way down at number 9, under “Lobby”.

2 Likes

His tag is @keturion

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for the delayed response - and the difficulty navigating the hints! I’m several time zones away from you, but will keep an eye here as best I can. Thanks @johnnywz00!

3 Likes

Just piggybacking on this thread with my own request – this is less a specific hint and more an orientation question?

I’ve been able to solve the first couple immediate-crisis puzzles, with support from the hint function – so I survived the gas, hid the bodies, and pointed the courier off to the queue to avoid the explosion. But I can’t really figure out anything I can do that would be useful for my notional goal of dealing with the weirdos in the hole? There’s a lot of lab equipment I can futz around with, but I can’t think of any in-game reason to do so, and while I can access the restricted areas it seems like that puts me in an unwinnable state. And the plaza also seems to have some puzzles that I can’t really dig into yet. There are a bunch of different topics and places listed in the hints, but I’m finding it hard to navigate the menu to figure out what applies to where I’m currently at and what I can actually make progress on. Can anyone point me in a potentially productive direction?

1 Like

You want to get Epsilon clearance… I think that’s about where you are? You can go in the back of the lab without dying after that…

1 Like

Hold on, I’m going by memory here… have you done anything with the zorgot yet? You don’t deal with the weirdos through the hole behind the boxes…

1 Like

Yeah I got the zorgot, and figured out what it is – I also used it to solve one minor puzzle (retrieving the thing from the drain to fix the controller thingy, though I don’t have any idea why that’s useful). As for Epsilon clearance, the hints say I need to accuse two people to get that, with the first happening along the way as I do Asimov’s task, but like I said I’m not sure how to even get started on that and then I don’t know who a second one would be. The delivery guy, maybe? I tried accusing him but don’t have enough evidence, even though I know he’s got a bomb in his package which seems bad!

1 Like

Yeah, you need to nab the delivery guy! Let me know if you want more explicit pointers…

1 Like

Didn’t the fixed controller gain you something that wasn’t accessible before? (I say that cause I’m trying to remember if there was any other intervening step) The cult is another target you can betray…

1 Like

After I fiddle with some buttons on the controller it opens up a new passageway to where the cult is, but similarly if I go that way I get killed, same as the hole. Not sure how to turn them in anyway, I’ve tried telling the agent about them but she just winds up arresting me. Or do you mean turning in Asimov? I guess I could restart the game and record his schpiel, then report him and/or them – I didn’t keep an earlier save unfortunately.

1 Like

so you’ve been using your recorder then… weren’t you able to get something on either the cult or the ticking bomb? I can’t remember particulars but I think that’s your ticket to epsilon…

1 Like

I have not been using my recorder, I just reread the help about how to accuse people and saw it prominently mentioned :slight_smile: Anyway, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hey, I’m sorry I just saw this. I see now it’s not under Spring Thing, it’s under Game Hints, and I wasn’t looking there.

Thanks @johnnywz00 !!!

Let me know @DeusIrae if you have more frustrations… I am on call!

2 Likes

Oh, great! I haven’t actually played since my last post, so am I in a dead-man-walking scenario if I didn’t record the conversation with Asimov? And if not, can I get a more specific pointer on how to start making progress on getting the Epsilon clearance?

You’re good. No dead man walking!

About Asimov: You would be unable to record Asimov. Because you are wearing the helmet, you can’t really do anything except respond to him or take it off (ending the conversation).

You were spot on about the delivery man. I think based on what you’ve already said you should be able to turn him in. If you need more help there, just let me know and I’ll tell you straight out.

The second traitor (you need two for an Epsilon clearance) will be the Church cell. You would use the same method to turn them in as you would use for the delivery man. But it’s not your only option. You have the option of joining them. If you choose to join them, that will also count.

1 Like

There should be no dead man walking scenarios, but I can’t guarantee it. I tried my best to catch them all. If you encounter one, please let me know so I can fix it.

1 Like

Thanks, that makes sense! Can you give me a pointer on where to start investigating the Church cell? Every time I try to visit them I just get killed, and I’m not coming up with anything else I can to do start coming to grips with that task.