Help Please - Anchorhead

Hey Folks-

I’m new to IF and am loving it. I’ve been playing Anchorhead and am very stuck. I even downloaded a “walkthrough” just trying to get unstuck - and it’s steering me wrong! :cry:

Apparently, I am missing a key. The iron key…the one to the crypt.
The walkthrough says:

The Key In The Cellar.
head…into the kitchen. Grab the flashlight from and head for the pantry, turning the torch on
first. In there is a broom, which comes in very useful for various bit of the
game, so get it. Unlock the cellar door (I have this key), and head down…go into the Storage room. Have a good poke about, and while
you are at it, have a closer look at the spiders web. Before you get the key,
though, clean the web with the broom - that way, the spider won`t get you.
Put the iron key on the keyring - a useful tool, that - and head upstairs."

I get the flashlight, head down, get to the storage room…and there is no key. No spider. No web. No spiders web. I’ve looked up, down, all around - under everything and searched everything.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
It seems like there is nothing else for me to do until I get this key.
Thanks - look forward to your help.
Eddie

Nevermind - found the key! :blush:
Thanks.
Eddie

If you’ve searched everything you should have come across the spider’s web by now. Did you find the box of newspaper clippings? (That turns up in the same action as the spider’s web.)
If not, the command that should bring them both to light is…
SEARCH BOXES (or SEARCH CRATES, since the crates and boxes are implemented as one object).

If you’ve done that and nothing has turned up, I admit I’m stumped. In that case, you may have found a bug in the game.

Thanks so much - I had apparently done everything except that one command, of course.
I’m sure I’ll get stuck again - so keep an eye out. :slight_smile:
Thanks for being so quick with the help.
Eddie

You’re welcome!