Guiones interactivos

Hola. Soy nuevo en el foro y también un absoluto novicio en el manejo de Twine.
Estoy dándole vueltas a un par de proyectos. Uno es transmedia sobre Edgar Allan Poe y otro sería una comedia. En ambos quiero usar las posibilidades que ofrece la interactividad, no sólo como parte de la narrativa, sino también como herramienta de marketing para vender mejor los proyectos.
El primero va más lento, ya que necesita una mayor financiación.

Hace tiempo vi Bandersnatch e inmediatamente me sentí atraido por las posibilidades de integrar interactividad en los dos proyectos.
Indagando, me enteré de que Twine había sido una de las herramientas que se habían utilizado para dicha película.

Para probarlo, cree una pequeña variación de “Caperucita Roja”, en tono de comedia, y con narrativa no lineal, para explorar las posibilidades del programa.
Como sólo era para probarlo, no me preocupé de los detalles de estilo de fuentes y texto. Me interesaba sobre todo la inserción de imágenes, audio y video.

En el pasajew inicial he podido colocar una imagen de fondo. De ese pasaje inicial partían 3 caminos, en cada uno de los cuales quería insertar un video de fondo, en bucle y a pantalla completa.
Lo he intentado colocando el código htlm en la hoja del pasaje y el css en la Hoja de estilo. Ambos en la Hoja de estilo y también ambos en la hoja del pasaje.
No he conseguido lo que quería. No sé en qué fallo.

Mi pregunta es si disponeis de un tutorial paso a paso de este tema.
Mis conocimientos informáticos son mínimos.
Aunque manejo básicamente programas de edición de video y audio. Pero, repito, mis conocimientos son los del típico ignorante.

Si alguno teneis un poco de tiempo para ilustrarme sobre ello, os lo agradecería sobremanera.

Un saludo a toda la comunidad.
Estepario.

[Translation included by Mod]

Hello. I am new to the forum and also an absolute novice in the handling of Twine.

I’m thinking about a couple of projects. One is a transmedia about Edgar Allan Poe and another would be a comedy. In both cases, I want to use the possibilities offered by interactivity, not only as part of the narrative, but also as a marketing tool to better sell projects.

The first one is slower, as it needs more funding.

Some time ago I saw Bandersnatch and I was immediately attracted to the possibilities of integrating interactivity into the two projects.

Inquiring, I learned that Twine had been one of the tools that had been used for that film.

To prove it, create a small variation of “Little Red Riding Hood”, in a comedy tone, and with a non-linear narrative, to explore the possibilities of the program.

As it was just to prove it, I didn’t worry about the font and text style details. I was especially interested in the insertion of images, audio and video.

In the initial passage I was able to place a background image. From that initial passage there were 3 paths, in each of which I wanted to insert a background video, in a loop and in full screen.

I tried by placing the htlm code on the passage sheet and the css on the Style Sheet. Both on the Style Sheet and also both on the passage sheet.

I didn’t get what I wanted. I don’t know what failure.

My question is whether you have a step-by-step tutorial on this topic.

My computer skills are minimal.

Although I basically use video and audio editing programs. But, I repeat, my knowledge is that of the typical ignorant.

If any of you have a little time to enlighten me about it, I would very much appreciate it.

Greetings to the whole community.

Steppe.

4 Likes

Hola majo, bienvenido. Yo también soy de habla española, pero este es un foro inglés. Si no sabes el suficiente inglés para explicarte, deberías usar un traductor de inglés en internet para maximizar las respuestas. Aquí hay gente de todos los idiomas que puedas conocer, pero todos nos explicamos en inglés, por tener un punto en común.

Hello pal, welcome. I am Spanish speaking, but this is an English forum. If you don’t know enough English to explain yourself, you should use an online English translator to maximize responses. There are people in this forum from many countries but we all write in English because we need a common point.

• Jade.
3 Likes

Espero que não se importe que eu responda em português. Como @Jade disse, a comunicação neste fórum se dá em inglês. Na comunidade do Discord existe um canal para comunicação em espanhol. Talvez você tenha mais sorte por lá.

Link do convite: Twine Games

As @Jade said the language of communication in this forum is English. In the Discord community there’s a channel exclusive to Spanish speakers. You might have better luck there.

Invitation link: Twine Games

4 Likes

¡Hola! Damos la bienvenida a todos al foro. Ayudará incluir traducción al inglés. Estoy usando el Traductor de Google.

Nos complace ayudar en general, pero cuando se habla de código en varios idiomas, puede ser más rápido usar un recurso en español como el Discord mencionado anteriormente.

Hi there! We welcome everyone to the forum. It will help to include English translation. I’m using Google Translate.
We’re happy to help in general, but when discussing code across languages it might be quicker to use a Spanish language resource such as the Discord mentioned above.

4 Likes

You have actually 2 spanish IF Discord channels very active these days: Textualiza and Caad.

3 Likes

Hello again.
I’m sorry, I didn’t know English was the EU language. I didn’t know that English was the community language.
I will correct it in the next post. And sorry if I put any of them in the wrong place. It will take me some time to get familiar with the forum structure, as I don’t have much time for internet.

Greetings to all, and thank you for your clarifications.

[quote=“estepario, post:1, topic:56274”]
Hi, I’m new to the forum and also an absolute newbie to Twine.
I’m turning over a couple of projects. One is transmedia about Edgar Allan Poe and the other would be a comedy. In both I want to use the possibilities that interactivity offers, not only as part of the narrative, but also as a marketing tool to sell the projects better.
The first one is going slower, as it needs more funding.

Some time ago I saw Bandersnatch and was immediately attracted by the possibilities of integrating interactivity into both projects.
Upon investigation, I found out that Twine had been one of the tools used for that film.

To test it, I created a small variation of “Little Red Riding Hood”, in a comedy tone, and with a non-linear narrative, to explore the possibilities of the programme.
As it was just for testing, I didn’t worry about the details of font and text style. I was mainly interested in the insertion of images, audio and video.

In the initial passage I was able to place a background image. From that initial passage there were 3 paths, in each of which I wanted to insert a background video, looping and full screen.
I tried placing the htlm code in the passage sheet and the css in the style sheet. Both in the style sheet and also both in the passage sheet.
No, it got what I wanted. I don’t know where it fails.

My question is if you have a step by step tutorial on this.
Although I basically use video and audio editing software. But, I repeat, my knowledge is that of the typical ignorant.

If you have some time to enlighten me about it, I would be very grateful.

Greetings to the whole community.
Steppe.

[Translation included by Mod]

Hi, I’m new to the forum and also a complete newbie to Twine.

I’m thinking about a couple of projects. One is a transmedia about Edgar Allan Poe and the other would be a comedy. In both cases, I want to use the possibilities that interactivity offers, not only as part of the narrative, but also as a marketing tool to better sell the projects.

The first one is slower, as it needs more funding.

Some time ago I saw Bandersnatch and was immediately attracted by the possibilities of integrating interactivity in both projects.

When I asked around, I learned that Twine had been one of the tools used for that film.

To demonstrate this, I created a small variation of “Little Red Riding Hood”, in a comedy tone, and with a non-linear narrative, to explore the possibilities of the programme.

As it was only for testing purposes, I didn’t worry about the details of the font and style of the text. I was especially interested in the insertion of images, audio and video.

In the initial passage I was able to place a background image. From that initial passage there were 3 paths, in each of which I wanted to insert a background video, looping and full screen.

I tried placing the htlm code in the passage sheet and the css in the style sheet. Both in the style sheet and in the css.

I didn’t get what I wanted. I don’t know what failure.

My question is if you have a step by step tutorial on this topic.

Although I basically use video and audio editing programs. But, I repeat, my knowledge is that of the typical ignorant.

If any of you have some time to enlighten me on this, I would be very grateful.

2 Likes

Hello again.
I tried to insert a background video in a passage.
I have used this code, both within the passage itself, and within the stylesheet. That is, I have used them first in one and then in the other.

In the stylesheet I have placed this code:

body { margin: 0; }

video { position: fixed;

min-width: 100%;

min-height: 100%;

top: 50%;

left: 50%;

transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-50%);

z-index: -1;

}

It does not work. You can’t see anything.
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’ve checked htlm tags and CSS codes, but they don’t work.

Could you please tell me what lines of code I need to write and where they should be inserted (passage or stylesheet)?

One more thing. The video I want to insert in the background is located in Drive.

Thank you.

1 Like