Grouping people

So I’ve got a lot of different types of people in this game and I’m having trouble grouping them together sensibly. What I want here is four paragraphs: One listing living lawmen, one listing dead lawmen, one listing living outlaws, and one listing dead outlaws (naturally, omitting any paragraph that doesn’t apply). Both lists should mention who, specifically, is in the group (ie, “the sheriff and two deputies”), and the lists of living people should mention if anyone is angry, but don’t need to mention if no one is angry. Finally, I’d like a custom paragraph for each group, not just the standard “You can see…”

So from this setup:

[code]The Corral is a room. “A dusty corral.” The player is in the corral.

Status is a kind of value. The statuses are contented, angry, and dead.
Every person has a status. The status of a person is usually contented.
Definition: A person is living if it is not dead.

A lawman is a kind of person. The sheriff is a lawman. A deputy is a kind of lawman.

An outlaw is a kind of person.

Before listing contents: Group dead outlaws together.
Before listing contents: Group living outlaws together.
Before listing contents: Group dead lawmen together.
Before listing contents: Group living lawmen together.

Before printing the name of an angry person: Say "angry ".
Before printing the name of a dead person: Say "dead ".

Instead of attacking:
Say “You draw and fire! [The noun] is dead.”;
Now the noun is dead.
Understand “shoot [something]” as attacking.

There are two deputies. There is a contented outlaw. There are two angry outlaws. There is a dead outlaw.

When play begins:
Now every lawman is in the corral;
Now every outlaw is in the corral.
[/code]

The desired result would be something like this:

This should get you part of the way there, but I can’t seem to get the living outlaws paragraph to work properly. Hopefully someone else can help.

[code]The Corral is a room. “A dusty corral.” The player is in the corral.

Status is a kind of value. The statuses are contented, angry, and dead.
Every person has a status. The status of a person is usually contented.

Definition: A person is living if it is not dead.

A lawman is a kind of person. The sheriff is a lawman. A deputy is a kind of lawman.

An outlaw is a kind of person.

Before listing contents: Group dead outlaws together.
Before listing contents: Group living outlaws together.
Before listing contents: Group dead lawmen together.
Before listing contents: Group living lawmen together.

Before printing the name of an angry person: Say "angry ".
Before printing the name of a dead person: Say "dead ".

Instead of attacking:
Say “You draw and fire! [The noun] is dead.”;
Now the noun is dead.
Understand “shoot [something]” as attacking.

There are two deputies. There is a contented outlaw. There are two angry outlaws. There is a dead outlaw.

When play begins:
Now every lawman is in the corral;
Now every outlaw is in the corral.

Rule for writing a paragraph about a dead outlaw:
Say “[A list of dead outlaws in the location] lie[s] here, slain by the just hand of the law.”;
now every dead outlaw is mentioned.

To scowl is a verb.

Rule for writing a paragraph about a living outlaw:
Say “[A list of living outlaws in the location] [scowl] at you[if there is an angry outlaw in the location]. [Number of angry outlaws in the location in words] of them look[s] very angry[end if].”.
now every living outlaw is mentioned.

Rule for writing a paragraph about a dead lawman:
Say “[A list of dead lawmen in the location] [are] here.”;
now every dead lawman is mentioned.

Rule for writing a paragraph about a living lawman:
Say “Luckily, [a list of living lawmen in the location] [are] here to protect you.”;
now every living lawman is mentioned.[/code]

Thanks, this is a big help; I was missing the “now every outlaw is mentioned” bit and so it was listing my paragraphs multiple times.

The outlaw paragraph works if I say this:

Rule for writing a paragraph about a living outlaw: Say "[A list of living outlaws in the location] [scowl] at you. [run paragraph on]"; If all visible living outlaws are angry: say "[They] [look] very angry!"; otherwise if an angry outlaw is visible: say "And [number of angry outlaws in the location in words] of them [look] very angry!"; now every living outlaw is mentioned.

But if I say this, which ought to be functionally identical:

Rule for writing a paragraph about a living outlaw: Say "[A list of living outlaws in the location] [scowl] at you[If all visible living outlaws are angry]. [They] [look] very angry![otherwise if an angry outlaw is visible]. And [number of angry outlaws in the location in words] of them [look] very angry![otherwise].[end if]"; now every living outlaw is mentioned.

It says “Two outlaws and an outlaw scowl at you.” Anyone know why phrasing it that way makes it distinguish between angry and contented outlaws?