Grim Fandango Remastered: I could not be more excited

It’s supposed to launch tomorrow:

gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered

I started the original game in 1999, on a Win98 PC. For various reasons, I never got around to finish it. Last year, I dug the old PC out of a closet & got it up and running just so I could finally finish Grim. I can’t wait to see how the Remastered version looks. Anyone else excited about this?

Hell yeah!

Gabriel Knight, Grim Fandango, and a new SCUMM-style game in the works by Ron Gilbert… this is a good time to be a classic adventure game lover.

I had forgotten this was coming and then this thread reminded me and I might have made an unbecoming noise.

I have a PS4 now. Never really got around to playing on pc any game whatsoever besides IF and old console emulators. I’m really willing to try this one out, specially as I loved Machinarium, which is a modern point-n-click in the old spirit. That said, I also played “graphic adventures” with modernized interfaces such as The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain. Didn’t enjoy TWD (or other Telltale offerings), but HR was pretty sweet, brought some ideas to an old genre.

Wait what?! How did I miss this?

By being under a rock, possibly. :wink:

Seriously, though, I subscribe to a few newsletters - Wadjet Eye games, Phoenix Online, and… wait, no, that’s the lot. I suggest any adventure-game lover to do the same. That’s where I heard about GK20th.