Graphical version of Magpie Takes the Train for after the comp

When Mike asked for me for a visual reference for the Magpie, David Niven was my first thought but I also suggested John Astin (the original Gomez Addams) who has an impish quality about him. Of course in real life he just looks like an older version of me. :wink:

In 2018 we performed an improvised immersive theatre event to celebrate the completion of the first game. Thatā€™s me in the middle as the Magpie, with Mim Hall as Lady Hamcester and Greg Davies as Major Hilary Buff-Orpington. It was called The Case of the Bearded Victoria and centred around the theft of a very rare stamp.

6 Likes

Basil Rathbone will do it, if Niven is too expensive.

Genuinely gutted that I missed this event, by a couple of years.

2 Likes

Is there any progress?

1 Like

Not on my end; Iā€™m not sure if Mike and J.J. Guest are still working on it.

1 Like

It would be a shame if they werenā€™t. Iā€™ve just completed Alias ā€˜The Magpieā€™ (what a fantastic game), and Iā€™m going to play your sequel this week. It would be nice to also play the graphical version.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t heard from Mike in a long time so I imagine this project is dead in the water.

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed Alias ā€˜The Magpieā€™! Someday I hope to write another Magpie game, but the right idea hasnā€™t yet presented itself.

4 Likes

I had a go at a render concept;

this was my first idea for the Magpie. Kind of a smooth-talker with a Gomez moustache and flashy outfit.

However, following suggestions, i made him older, thinner moustache and plainer suit;

However, the latter looks to me more of a failed insurance salesman rather than an international gentleman thief.