Gauging interest in a one-off comp or jam

I’ve been interested recently in the theme of love vs. violence, especially love vs. consumption, one masquerading as the other, and even one as a metaphor for the other. Think Coraline or Yellowjackets. I’ve never run a comp before, but would be interested in seeing this theme explored more in interactive fiction. If I made an itchio jam page, would people be interested in participating? I’m thinking of running it during the month of June.

8 Likes

Why not run a survey? Also, it depends whether there are other competing comps ITMT.

2 Likes

I’m very interested! If you did it in June it would overlap with the Neo-Interactives’ Neo-Twiny Jam, which I think would be a positive because people could make pieces that fit both!

2 Likes

A very good theme! 1 4 The $ explored the “dark side” behind consumption, and these concepts can lend themselves to a wide variety of interpretations.

And I would see what people come up with for the “synthesis”.

3 Likes

Imagine a 500 word piece on this theme :heart_eyes:
(I’m like 99% sure some of last year’s entries would fit too! And we had some entries that were both submitted to the Neo-Twiny and the Anti-Romance Jam)

3 Likes

Sounds like there’s a good amount of interest! So, would people prefer it be a jam (i.e. unranked), or a comp (that will be judged and ranked afterwards)? I’m also thinking of allowing non-IF entries, and if it’s a comp I’ll likely have it split into two categories: IF and “open,” for everything else.

• Jam!
  • Comp!
0 voters
1 Like

Blarg. I can’t keep up with all the cool jams I want to do things for. I’d be totally interested in this if I wasn’t wrestling with two big games already. The topic twingles me for sure. Cool idea, Charm.

3 Likes

Hey, if it goes well enough, there could be future installments!

2 Likes

Looks like the Jam takes the poll :stuck_out_tongue:

:eyes:
ooooh like the Anti-Romance Jam? I dig it!

2 Likes