Funniest Game Titles you've ever seen?

I’m too frazzled to look it up, but a few years back there was a great IF story, Steph Cherrywell I think… something something Monsters from Spaaaace? Brain-Eating maybe?

How is that not on this list!

Although “Llamageddon” is probably the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes

Brain Guzzlers from Beyond! - Details (ifdb.org)

8 Likes

Calvin & Hobbes forever.

5 Likes

I always had a weakness for Rock Star Ate My Hamster. Aside from being wacky, the title also manages to completely sum up the game’s ethos.

5 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

Not exactly IF but Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator.

8 Likes

So with all this perspective, what do you think makes a funny or good title?

There’s a no man’s land between WhAt An OuTrAgEoUs TiTLe with lots of weird words and one that’s just tongue-in-cheek with a straight face.

Counterfeit Monkey is brilliant because it hints at concept, mechanics, and plot in two words.

That’s my ideal: one or two words hopefully with a pun or a bluntness or a double entendre that makes wry sense with what the game is.

I’m also a sucker for a good over-lengthy/“pompous” title.

Reference and Representation: An Approach to First-Order Semantics
So straight-faced, there’s gotta be some irony and I’m interested.

Leather Goddesses of Phobos
A Freak Accident Leaves Seattle Pantsless
You know what you’re in for.

And Then You Come to a House Not Unlike the Previous One
Wordy in a good way, suggesting recursion and meta.

Lost Pig
Blunt. Exactly how the main character communicates.

The Trolley Problem Problem
The End of Earth, and you are a victim/survivor of this incident at least, depending on which way you look at it.
Redundancy or verbosity conveys a particular sort of corporate obliviousness.

Something that can either totally work or totally not since it’s overused is [Something] Simulator [Year] which usually implies an absurd reductionist perspective of a subject.

6 Likes

Clearly if you want to win Aster’s heart, you need to write a game with a supernatural event at a chain restaurant.

Petition to turn this into a game jam, or for someone to turn this into a series.

13 Likes

Dibs on Summoning Demons at Chick-fil-A.

7 Likes

There’s a chain of (quite okay, lunch-focused) restaurants in The Netherlands called La Place, so I’ll have to go with La Place’s Demon.

11 Likes

Oh I can just imagine him: drunk as a skunk on watery mimosas at 11:37, haranguing the waitresses about Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle anytime they have to check on him, until the manager’s forced to come out.

6 Likes

Good premise, but I’m afraid they don’t have mimosas! They might have some beers. I think Belgian abbey beers would fit best.

5 Likes

But they are not watery.

5 Likes

Bagsy Happy Eater, the sadly missed British roadside restaurant chain with the best logo in graphic design history:

Working title: Haunting at the Happy Eater, Horsham.

8 Likes

I did have a dream once where I made an IF called “on getting your tarot read in the line at mcdonalds” (which was a clear riff on 16 ways to kill a vampire at mcdonalds), I might change it to another chain like. burger king or sonic

9 Likes

Kentucky Fried Wiccan.

(Click below if you want to see how little help ChatGPT was in coming up with this pun. Spoiler: very very little.)

20 Likes

:joy:
that’s amazing

6 Likes

Holy god…

3 Likes

:no_mouth:

Chickencreepy?

3 Likes