FrenchComp 2016

I kinda forgot to post about it, but the French Comp is happening this year again - it’s actually the 10th edition! Submit your game in French by January 4th (optional theme is “ondes et vibrations”) - or come to our forum on January 5th to discover the games, play them and vote for them!

We had quite a few of you playing our games last year (thanks again!!), so we hope to get you interested in this year’s Comp too! The judging period will last 6 weeks, and we’ll probably get 4-5 games, but you don’t even have to play them all!

Thanks! [emote]:)[/emote]

And we’re live! [emote]:D[/emote]

For our 10th FrenchComp, we have a very exciting line-up, with lots of diversity! Four entrants, four development systems (Twine, I6, I7, Vorple); we have our first ever Twine entrant, the sequel to last year’s winning entry, a keyword-based narrative experiment, and a Vorple game set on a Pacific Island! We are very excited about those entries, and we hope you’ll check them out! [emote]:)[/emote]

You can download all the entries on our website or download a big .zip file with all the games.

The judging period of the 2016 FrenchComp has officially started! You have until February 15th to vote on any number of games, using our voting form. We have 3 categories : Overall Enjoyment, Writing, and Technical Quality. If you haven’t played a game or feel like you can’t judge on a specifc aspect, just pick “Ne Se Prononce Pas”).

And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here, on Twitter, or on our forum! [emote]:)[/emote]

I hope to put aside time next weekend at the latest, but … if I push things to the end…what time on Monday the 15th? For instance, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard as IFComp does? Or GMT? I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that, but I’d like to avoid time zone mishaps.

Good question! The deadline is 23:59 Central European time, which is 4:59pm Central Standard time (5:59 for east coast, 2:59 for Pacific, 22:59 for the UK).

Also, we have a Twitch event on Friday at 21:00 CET, if anyone wants to join us! Details, including the twitch channel you want to watch + a video of last year’s event, are here !

The results are in! [emote]:)[/emote]

• 1st place: “À la basse et au chant” (Twine) by Eva Simonin (8.2/10) !
  • 2nd place: “Tipelau” (Vorple) by Hugo Labrande (7.5/10)
  • 3rd place: “L’observatoire” (I7) by Stéphane Flauder (7.4/10)
  • 4th place: “Le diamant blanc” (I6) by Benjamin Roux (7/10)

The games were of very good quality but also very diverse this year, so check them out! The French-speaking scene is still going strong! [emote]:)[/emote]

Oh, “basse et au chant” won? That rather pleases me, because I really enjoyed it. [emote]:)[/emote] Congratulations to Eva Simonin, and to all the other contestants as well!

I’ll try to debug and translate “L’Observatoire” into english, as soon as possible. Your eyes shall bleed.

I was kinda put off by it being obviously hyperlinked based… but not actually having clickable hyperlinks. If, like Dietro l’Angolo, it could have clickable hyperlinks, I could play it beautifully in my iPod Touch in landscape mode. Just a thought for your consideration. [emote]:)[/emote]

Actually, the hyperlink interface is already implemented for the next build of the game [emote]:)[/emote]

All right, I’m sold! [emote]:D[/emote]

I’ve put an hyperlinked version, so you can try it on your tablet:
ifiction.free.fr/concours2016/ob … /play.html
(maybe you’ll need to clean your browser’s cache)

On my android phone, it’s not working well, because it tries to launch the virtual keyboard then it closes it, and this cycle endlessly.

Nice, but any chance of a downloadable version? [emote]:)[/emote] iFrotz handles Inform 7 files far, far better than my web browsers handle Quixe, plus it’s more portable.

EDIT - The link was given to me in the French forum. Thanks!

ifiction.free.fr/index.php?id=jeu&j=211