FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: "Verdeterre" High Scores Confusio

What are you wearing?

I’ve heard there’s a comb in the game, but haven’t been able to find it. Any hints as to where it might be?

Hm, this is more of a suggestion, not so much a question, but it seems only fair that the high score list at your site reflect his original score, with an asterisk that lets people clearly know that the best-possibly-achievable score, at least so far as we know right now, for the current version of the game is a mere $1533. Because he did get that, and it was really impressive, even if it’s now unachievable. (ClubFloyd will be very pleased to learn this, by the way.)

Also, damn. When I was 231 points away it wasn’t very tempting to try to beat it. Now that ClubFloyd is less than $50 away… but I’ll try to restrain myself.

Um, actually, I picked exactly the wrong time to answer this. Next!

I’m sure the ever-expanding and increasingly deranged Verdeterre Fan Community could help you out there.

That is an excellent point.

I’ve sent my high score to Ryan to be verified: $1648!

For those wondering, I found only one object that the ClubFloyd group didn’t: the comb. If anyone has found any other treasure items, can you give vague clues here? (The tough thing about this game is that it won’t tell you if you don’t discover something.)

Would you mind giving a vague clue?

The comb:It is associated with an item with a Nautical Vocabulary Note.

My full list of treasure items:

Bottle
Bracelet
chessboard
comb
crystal ball
Dagger
Goblet
hanky
lamp
locket
lump