Extensions Help

hmm, I’m not sure if I’m missing anything, but I can’t seem to install new extensions anymore. I’ve tried pressing the download button on a few, but it just opens a browser with the source code. I tried creating a text file and pasting the source into it, and installing it through the inform 7 IDE which actually did put the extension into the extensions folder, but when I tried to run a game after including it I got errors. I tried a couple but none worked…

I’m trying to use Room Description Control by Emily Short, but get the following error…

[code]Problem. In the table Seen Things, the entry ‘an object a number’ is not something I recognise, and should either be a value, or a kind (such as ‘a number’), or a blank entry ‘–’.

See the manual: 15.1 > Laying out tables
[/code]

Any idea on what’s causing extensions not to work for me anymore? lol

That error implies that when you copied and pasted in the extension text, the tabs got turned into spaces.

I don’t know why installing extensions wouldn’t work. (You don’t say what OS you’re using.) You can probably make it work by downloading the extension source with a web browser and manually putting it into the extensions folder.

The extension installed, the documentation and code was viewable in the IDE, but for some reason when I included it I got that error…I had to install by pasting the text into a text doc, and installing through IDE, which put Emily shorts folder, and extension in place…

maybe your right, and the tabbing got messed up, I’ve had some tabbing issues with cut and past text with open office before, lol…

how do I download the extension source with the web browser?