Extensions Don't Work!

I am new to Inform, but I read on this forum somewhere ‘install an extension rather than trying to re-invent the wheel’. Good advice I thought.

So I downloaded Postures by Emily Short, because I have a sofa I would like to be able to sit on.

I installed the extension into Inform and then looked at the documentation for the extension. It says "Each piece of furniture comes with a range of possible postures, which can be expressed with the posture-permission relation: as in

The bunk bed allows seated and reclining."

So into the Source I entered “The sofa allows seated and reclining.” and I get the error message

“Problem. You wrote ‘the sofa allows seated and reclining’ : but I can’t find a verb here that I know how to deal with, so I am ignoring this sentence altogether.”

What gives? I tried defining the sofa as a piece of furniture, but that just creates more errors! There’s nothing in the extension’s documentation about how to define furniture or anything or am I missing something basic?

:cry:

Do you have:

Include Postures by Emily Short.

at the top of your project source code?

no?

Then it you should put it there! :wink:

Not only do extensions have to be in the right folders, they also must be mentioned in the source code.

(after some tinkering)

sit on sofa
You are now seated on the sofa.

!!!HOORAY!!!
:laughing:

thanks, that open ups all the extensions now, which is a huge amount of stuff I can use. Thanks!

You’re welcome :smiley: