Extension problem

OK, now I have a question of my own.

In my game, I am trying to include Conversation Framework by Eric Eve. To do so I include the standard code:

Include Conversation Framework by Eric Eve.

The error message I get back is completely a non sequitor, though.

UMMMMMM…HUH?! I looked on the Inform website and viewed the source code for Conversation Framework and realize that it says “Include Epistemology by Eric Eve”, however I was wondering now exactly how one would go about downloading said extension?

Tommie

P.S. Never mind. I had an I D 10 T error there. Figured it out.

The extension is there in Inform’s web site, the same place where you found Conversation Framework.

The problem is that now when I try to click the “Download Extension” links, I am just brought to the source code page instead. What I was originally asking for was how to change that into an extension that I could use, but I figured out how to accomplish what I needed without an extension. I will fill out a report on the site about that confusion if anyone else can tell me that they are experiencing the same problem, though…

Right now I have another problem:

I am trying to keep someone out of a room until they have checked in with a guardian. The basics of how this would work out:

After asking guardian about "entrance", say "The guardian looks you over and deems you worthy...or at least decent cannon fodder...it is hard to tell."

After this point, I have the door that he is guarding as locked. How do I situate the code to unlock the door and usher the player through after this transaction?

Tommie

That’s how it’s supposed to work. Extensions are distributed as source code. When you get to the source code page, select “Save as…” from your browser and save the extension to your hard drive. Then follow the installation instructions in chapter 2.10 in the manual (they depend on what operating system you are using).

You just add the unlocking code to the same rule:

After asking guardian about "entrance": say "The guardian looks you over and deems you worthy...or at least decent cannon fodder...it is hard to tell."; now the entrance is unlocked; try going north. [this makes the player go through the door automatically (assuming the room is to the north).]

After asking guardian about "entrance": say "The guardian looks you over and deems you worthy...or at least decent cannon fodder...it is hard to tell."; now the entrance is unlocked; try going north. [this makes the player go through the door automatically (assuming the room is to the north).]
[/quote]
There is what I was doing wrong…I coded it as:

the entrance is now unlocked;

[rant]I think I need sleep…[/rant]
Tommie