Error Report during compiling

I have been working on this problem for a while now. Here is what I wrote:

The Living and Cooking Area is a room. The description of the Living and Cooking Area is "This is  the place where you love to spend all of your down time. There is a sofa here as well as a radio that you listen to whenever you have the chance. There is a stove in the west corner where you cook your famous potato soup. It is only famous in the  Light House and with your two partners but at least that's something.". Up from the Living and Cooking Area is The Light. Down from the Living and Cooking Area is The Bunk Room.

The Error that I receive when trying to run it is:
Problem. You wrote ‘The description of the Living and Cooking Area is “This is the place where you love […] ners but at least thats something.”’ : but this seems to say that a thing is a value, like saying ‘the chair is 10’.

I have not written anything different from what I have in the other rooms with the description. They are all written with the similar description and running with no problem so far. What have I written that makes Inform 7 thing that I am trying to give something within this code a value?

Thanks as always in advance,
D.

This compiles:

[code]“New Project” by Deskatur

The Living Cooking Area is a room. The description of the Living Cooking Area is “Text!”[/code]
But this does not:

[code]“New Project” by Deskatur

The Living and Cooking Area is a room. The description of the Living and Cooking Area is “Text!”[/code]
So the problem must lie in the fact that you’re trying to give your room a name that includes ‘and’. Try naming the room something without ‘and’, and then say something along the lines of The printed name of the Living-Cooking Area is “The Living and Cooking Area”.

Yep! That was it. the word ‘and’ was causing the issue. Thanks for the help. You guys are always so fast with helping. I love it. :slight_smile:
I called it the Living / Cooking Area

If you run into problems like this you can always set the “printed name” property to something different than the internal name. For example:

The living-cooking area is a room with printed name "Living and Cooking Area".