Endless, Nameless

Belated thanks for this to both of you! I was embarrassed myself to have things so badly organized, then I got distracted…

And yes, it does work. I should have guessed, but I didn’t. It’s a very good joke, that’s for sure.

Well, it looks like I have a bunch of different endings to check, now that’s sorted.

Yes, Adventure seems to be the only place where you can kill dragons with your bare hands. :wink:

And old-school games are the ones where you can expect the PC to use their bare hands instead of that friggin’-awesome-weapon-they-just-created-and-is-in-their-inventory unless you specify it just so.

If you want to read meaning into it, it ties into the whole intricate pattern that is Endless, Nameless.

But then so does an eggtimer. Try too hard and everything ties into every intricate pattern everywhere. Cue conspiracy theorists.

Grah. I fear I’m missing something obvious.

I’m assuming you do actually need to fuel the machine to temper the shield. I have visited the sorceress. I have no idea what the fuel is, unless it’s the troll’s bile. Stuck.

Ah, got. I

figured out what can be used to hold the fuel.

Hi everybody,

I am stuck near the end.

Actually, after killing the dragon, I die by drowning in its bile.
I have tried levitating with a spell, but this only postpone my death by one turn.
Is there some specific action to do or verb to use or am I just in a dead end?
Is there more magic to do?

Maybe have I tried to kill the dragon too early ?
For instance, I have not met the Warden, in any world, excepte the first time when you think he is just the jeweler and disappears.
I have tried to trigger this by steering the conversation with the sorceress as suggested in an earlier post, but with no effect. What about this underground shack story?

Also, it seems that some doubles give misleading hints, so I’d like to get confirmation that:

dwarves do not exist

trading at the jewelry cannot be done

Thank you for your help.

EDIT : I have finally found the shed in the afterlife, before killing the dragon. But the Warden did not give me any hint I did not know already. Plus, it disappears after killing the dragon, which may indicate that the hints are no longer useful in this case.

EDIT 2 : hum… Actually the answer was pretty simple. I could swear I tried several times already. Maybe I got mixed up between compass directions… Anyway my post may help others so I leave it as it is…

Hi guys,

I really enjoyed playing E,N and managed to get all the endings… except one: ‘kill the sorceress’. I noticed it was mentioned in a post earlier in this thread. Can anyone confirm that killing the sorceress is actually one of the endings? It has occurred to me that attempting to kill the sorceress results in a permanent game over… is this the ‘ending’?

My understanding is that you only encounter her 3 times: when you come across the cottage for the first time and she is just ‘a voice’, the second time where you get past the labyrinth via a flying roc and use the SONORI spell to switch voices with her and unlock the door, and the third time where you re-enter the adventure world with the dragonstaff.

I figured the second time would be ideal to kill her as it involves surprising her by entering her house… but trying to attack her with a sword results in a permanent game over. You also can’t cast any spells (high level or otherwise) as you don’t have any ampules at that point anyway. (on a side note: is even possible to cast some of the higher level spells such as FORPELI, FROSTI, and PURIGI?). Attempting to commit caticide also results in a game over. You also can’t kill the sorceress towards the end when you return to the adventure world with the dragonstaff as the dragon prevents you from doing so.

If getting killed by the sorceress in an attempt to kill her is considered one of the the 13 endings then I guess I’ve been wasting my time getting frustrated! If someone could clarify that’ll be great!

THANKS!!! :slight_smile:

I have finished the game the vanilla way as far as I can tell. I’m not finding any alternative endings…

[spoiler]I vanquish the dragon, enter interlife, then return to the adventure life as a troll, and end.

in another playthrough I met the warden in interlife, but did not gain any scepter, experience any portal,
or gain access to the @commands, or see anything of interest[/spoiler]

thanks for any pointers

They shouldn’t be too difficult to find, if you follow the dragon skull’s exact instructions. Remember, also, that your inventory in niraya is shared with your inventory in the interlife: to get some endings, you might need to use items from there.

Myself, I’ve beaten the game and found about half of the endings, but I couldn’t solve one “overarching” puzzle without relying on a bug:

The inventory management puzzle, especially the sword thief. When visiting the sorceress for the second time, you need to GET MARLIN and BUY UNCOOKED MACKEREL and do some OVIDIO magic – sure. But I need to move around with the wooden marlin, and I can’t carry it and the sword simultaneously, and the sword gets stolen if I move away from it. I figured out that putting the sword in some container prevents it from getting stolen, in a glitchy way, but obviously this isn’t the intended solution. What am I supposed to do? (Feel free to spoil the exact answer.)

Question:

[spoiler] [/spoiler How do I get out of the alter ego house and resume my game?]

I need serious help:

[spoiler][/spoiler How do I get out of the interlife and still be able to have all my inventory stuff and resume adventure game where I left off?]

Starbuck08:

Have you played the bidding game at the table? If so, have you looked at the table?

Be sure to edit your earlier posts and correct the spoiler tags!

You can actually get a belt for your sword. Guess where you can buy one of those! ;D

This isn’t possible until late in the game. I think only after you got past the labyrinth!

There is another way out of the interlife from that point on: a shed north of the kitchen. But you could use the save and restore commands until then.

Can I say how much I love this thread. It’s been going on for so long and it helped me greatly in my quest. It seems that I got stuck at pretty much the same puzzles as everyone else on here so I finally made it to the end with it’s help.

I was still hoping for the fisherman to come back to his shop so I could buy a rod since I apparently wasn’t able to steal his. I would have waited forever haha.

I’ll subscribe to this thread so hopefully I’ll get notified if someone else needs another hint in the future. : )