door won´t lead me to the next room

Aloah!

I just staret with this text adventure thing an already have a problem, which i couldnt solve with my tutorials.

The scenery: Someone stands in the yard. In front of him there is a house with a door.

What i want: The player should “enter door” (is “use door” also possible?) and then be in the foyer (Vorzimmer). But it doesnt work. What is wrong?

[code]“First Try” by Rarity Kapitel 1 - Abstieg

Vorgarten is a room. “Goschi steht im Vorgarten eines sehr alten Hauses. Es sieht nach später Barock-Zeit aus. Nördlich von ihm ist eine alte, leicht vermoderte Holztüre.” North is a door.
door_to Vorzimmer,
Vorzimmer is a room.
[/code]

It looks like you’re trying to combine parts of Inform 6 and Inform 7 syntax. I would recommend reading through the documentation, and especially looking at some of the examples. They are very helpful in learning the language.

Vorgarten is a room. "Goschi steht im Vorgarten eines sehr alten Hauses. Es sieht nach später Barock-Zeit aus. Nördlich von ihm ist eine alte, leicht vermoderte Holztüre."
Vorzimmer is a room. "Description description description."

The front door is a door. It is north of the Vorgarten and south of the Vorzimmer.

Also, the “use” action is not commonly implemented in IF. If you want it, you’re going to have to define it yourself. That might hold its own headaches, though; you’d have to decide a specific, self-evident action for each object that can be triggered by the “use” command.

I´d never thought that i could write this like i would say it. :astonished: I also didnt know, that the codes are this different in the two versions. Thanks for the awnsers.

edit: by the way: I wanted to try the game and downloaded a compiler. But i didnt find a way to make an EXE or anything, that other people can play my game without installing extra software. Is this with inform possible too or do i need an other programm to do so?

Inform 6 and Inform7 are fairly different things.

If you create your game, you can upload it to the Parchment website using these instructions. then anyone with an internet connection can play it :slight_smile:

Can i delete it anytime i want? I just have a 3-room-Test which i want to show to a friend.