Divis Mortis - general questions and beta testing

Hi there, IF-savvy.

I’m quite new to writing IF, but I’ve been working on something since the last comp, and I thought I’d give it a shot for the one coming up in a year; I definitely need some beta testing/advice. There’s nothing I hate more than turning in something that is half-finished, so I have, and will continue to put a lot of work into it. I have a few beta testers already at it, but I need someone who is more savvy to text adventures. I have played through past entries, and read reviews, but these things are still difficult for me to judge, and are my main concerns:

1. Game length. Having written all the puzzles, it’s really difficult for me to tell how long the game would take. There are things I can do to trim/ lengthen it. This also applies to descriptions.

2. Hinting / giving a direction. I am also not sure how heavy-handed my in-game hinting is vs. how it should be. That goes for my ‘hint’ system as well.

3. Well, there are a few other things too, but they are more puzzle-specific.

The game setting is a post-apocalypse, zombie-infested hospital.

Thanks in advance for the help!

hi, I’d be happy to test your game, feel free to PM.

your post is somehow confusing on how completed your work already is, but feel free to pm me

I’m happy to be a tester. PM me with instructions.

I wanted to give a quick thank-you to everyone who has helped! I’ve put a lot of work into fixing all those little niggling things, making it into a more complete game. Sure do appreciate all of the great help and suggestions I’ve gotten so far.