Displaying Pictures

Hi all,
I’m a complete noob at Inform 7,can anyone please give me a clear description of how to implement images into a story? I’ve managed to get the images I want into the right place so the program knows they are there( they are listed in content) but it’s where to place the display instruction that is confusing me.As in :-

display the Figure of Woodlands;

returns

Problem. You wrote ‘display the Figure of Woodlands’ : but I can’t find a verb here that I know how to deal with, so I am ignoring this sentence altogether.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for any answers.

Hi and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

“Display the figure of…” is a phrase like “if… then”, or “say ‘blah…’”; it is not a complete statement in and of itself. You need to give inform some context as to when you want the phrase to apply, as in:[code]When play begins:
display the Figure of the Woodlands.

After looking in the Spooky Forest:
display the Figure of the Scary Tree, one time only.

After examining the pocketwatch:
display the figure of the pocketwatch;
continue the action.[/code]Note that you might want to use “continue the action” when using “after” rules, since by default, they end the action before any report rules fire. It usually doesn’t matter in the case of “examining” or “looking” since there aren’t any “report” rules by default, but it’s something to be aware of for the other actions.

Many thanks for your help. :slight_smile: