Discuss SeedComp Seeds Here!

I really liked the look of Manon’s UI seed, and wound up gutting it from the cute quirky little spaceship idea to more of a smushed computer-esque interface, that is, of course, very pink. That and Charm’s seed about the forum murder mystery caught my attention… Just sat down and got the cover down for it, spoiler blurred for a bit of blood.

findingverity

4 Likes

Why not indeed…

Done.

6 Likes

I’m smellin’ franchise.

Dead Poets Tribunal 2: Poetic Justice
Dead Poets Tribunal 3: Judge. Jury. Elocutionist.
Dead Poets Tribunal 4: Justice is Blind (it’s Borges vs. Homer, with all of Logos hanging in the balance)
Dead Poets Tribunal 5: Rhyme and Punishment
Dead Poets Tribunal 6: Assonant Until Proven Guilty
Dead Poets Tribunal 7: Heroes and Villanelles
Dead Poets Tribunal 8: Epic Fail
Dead Poets Tribunal 9: Plea to the Muse
Dead Poets Tribunal 10: Anaphoran Eye
Dead Poets Tribunal 11: Double Dactyl Indemnity
Dead Poets Tribunal 12: An Elegy for Justice
Dead Poets Tribunal 13: Artistic License

13 Likes

How about monthly publication for each month next year? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ve made some really good progress on my project for SeedComp today: and I decided to doodle the three NPCs (that are lightly fictionalized versions of regulars on the forums, though it’s all in good fun.)

9 Likes

Oh Jesus which of us did @HanonO murder?

6 Likes

Ahahaha, the three fake!versions of the regulars are actually the potential suspects. The dead girl, Verity, is a hyperbolized and similarly fictionalized version of myself. The game has a fake Interactive Fiction Forum, and it’s all in light hearted fun. I thought it was kind of funny when @biohazardblade immediately suspected ‘you’ of being the killer “because you have to keep an eye out for the nice ones!”

@slugzuki chipped in over on the SeedComp Discord with a funny little anecdote about being able to see you going about murder: “i feel like he would very kindly explain how he came to the decision, all the factors going into it, and suggest ways the experience could be made more pleasant for both parties” and “picturing him doing the out damned spot monologue on like, a crisp white work shirt for which he had to break out the Tide stick” which was super hilarious also. And fitting, IMO.

It’s even funnier to me because I thought I’d written RaphaelMoore as being the least suspicious out of the potential suspects, but I guess (a fictionalized!) you seem very axe murdery.

ETA: A silly doodle of the monologue, thanks to Kit for the idea.
Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 12.07.52 AM

8 Likes

Umm, wow, this sounds amazing! Though for all that the reverse-psychology theory maybe holds a bit of water, and I am fond of the out out damned spot monologue (albeit primarily as the punchline of a deeply unfunny joke – “What did Lady MacBeth say when her dog woke her up in the middle of the night because he needed to poop?”) my money’s still on Hanon. Just look at the guy!

EDIT: I showed this thread to my wife and her comment was “I really hope someone finishes this game and makes you the killer,” which is not exactly the vote of confidence I was hoping for.

8 Likes

Listen, in these kinda scenarios you always have to suspect the nice one! I think I’d have a bit of a giggle if you monologued me before chopping my head off though, the thought is funny! Either way, I adore the game so far, very excited to see where it goes honestly!

4 Likes

Asked for one too many topic splits, huh? :wink:

6 Likes

Or asked to explain how they got into The Lounge, then got kicked out and only found out about it when they were let back in.

2 Likes

I think that’s happened to many of us. :rofl:

4 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t have the leisure to participate in SeedComp, but I had quite an amusing time browsing this thread…

3 Likes

Could I interest you in some Dahlgren perhaps? With a bit of The Burning World on the side?

3 Likes

I started writing some stuff down for Feathered Fury when I had some time off the other week. I mean the last thing I need is another project (even a mini one) when I’m trying to be strong and finish off some of my other WIPs, but who can resist writing a game like this? I even have the perfect species as a protag. Hoping I’ll get time to finish it off.

BTW is this the first year its run? I can’t find any other games under #seedcomp from previous years. I thought it had run previously but maybe I just heard discussion about it?

4 Likes

It’s the first year, yep! You can find its origin here and then here. It’s taken off very quickly! (Which I can’t take credit for: I’m on the organizing committee but most of the actual organizing work was done by the others while I was grading final exams.)

6 Likes

This is exactly my situation. I thought I’d just submit a seed or two and see what happens, but then I started looking at all the other submissions and now I guess I have to move my schedule around for the next two months??

(Feathered Fury is on my list as well, along with Room; Closed Door and Red Door Yellow Door.)

6 Likes

Finally submitted my seed! Lord, that was confusing. Itch is a mess of a sight, hopefully putting it as the cover image is good enough. Had to resize it twice cause I draw digitally on a huuuuge canvas. I hate pixelization on my stuff for the most part. Tried doing something I usually don’t which is lineless art, but I liked it!

2 Likes

I think I’ve settled on a game that combines Red Door Yellow Door with List of Dreams, with a few others sprinkled in as it grows.

5 Likes

That’s cool! I think you would do great with the red door yellow door concept, you’re great at creative surreal stuff.

5 Likes