Curses! - recreate this almost 30 year old piece of IF

I reported it as an issue with a potential fix. It’s a bit unelegant. One other way would be to define a default property “section_detail” where the default value is NONE and for the upstairs room it could be defined as UPSTAIRS explicitly.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I did not notice that you’ve also mentioned the upstairs room in that pull request.

So does this mean that the message related to you crashing through a tin plaster roof is only printed for one room, or for all upstairs rooms? If there’s just one upstairs room, then I think this is easier to read than the original, even if it’s a bit on the verbose side.

You crash through plaster for every room in the attic area and end up in hospital for the specified rooms.

Thank you, it’s all clear now :relaxed:

In that case I’m likely going to add a flag for all the rooms where you land in an upstairs room.

It is very interesting to see how the Inform and Dialog versions handle things in an ever so slightly different way, which at times works out better for one system or the other. But that’s a potentially new topic for a rainy day :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve run out of things to fix in the recreated version and would very much like to try out transcripts from other playthroughs. So if you have a transcript of playing Curses! (release 16) lying around, I would very much like to try it in the recreated version to catch any more inconsistencies or bugs. Please post the transcript here or PM me with it. (better yet, if you want to test it, I’ll happily provide you with a copy…)