Currency Extension Buying

Hello,

I’m designing a currency extension and I’m getting an error telling me I can’t have two actions that are related to two things. This is my code:

[code]
Currency is a kind of value. $1 specifies a currency. Everything has a currency.

Selling it to is an action applying to two visible things.
Understand “Sell [something] to [something]” as selling it to.
Check selling:
If the player is not carrying the noun:
Say “You can’t sell something you don’t have.”;
Stop the action.
Carry out selling a thing (called the sellitem) to a person (called the notplayerbuyer):
Now the notplayerbuyer holds the sellitem;
Now the currency of the player is the currency of the sellitem + the currency of the player;
Say “You hand over the [sellitem] to [notplayerbuyer]. He gives you [currency of the sellitem] in return.”

Buying it from is an action applying to two visible things.
Understand “Buy [something] from [something]” as buying it from.[/code]

Thanks for any help,
Cory

That compiles just fine for me. What does the error message say exactly?

Hello,

Sorry, I was running an old version of Inform, so it works now. Though I’m having one other error, with the buying:

Buying it from is an action applying to two visible things. Understand "Buy [something] from [person]" as buying it from. Check buying it from: If the currency of the player is less than the currency of the noun: Say "You can't afford it."; Stop the action. Check buying it from: If the person (called the seller) does not hold the noun: Say "[seller] doesn't even own [the noun]."; Stop the action. Carry out buying it from: Now the player holds the noun; Now the currency of the player is the currency of the player - the currency of the noun; Say "You hand over [currency of the noun]. He gives you [noun] in return."

In the second check phrase.

Thanks for any help,
Cory

“The person” doesn’t do what you think it does: it’s interpreted as “any person,” not the person referred to by the player. You should use “the second noun” (if the second noun does not hold the noun…)