Creating RIA Interpreter for TADS 3

The latter; it’s not multiplayer in the usual sense.

I believe it would be possible to put together a library that used the VM server functions to host a multiplayer-aware game. Doing that with adv3 would take a lot of effort.

I’m not sure what the plans are for the minimalist TADS 3 library, code-named “quicksilver”. If it ever sees a release, I plan to tackle a multiplayer version.

The language gives you server and client sockets, so you can implement multiplayer servers. The game world would then be hosted by the game running as a server, while players connect as clients.

You could write the clients in some other language if you wish, doesn’t have to be in TADS.

Edit: Of course doing this requires programming; adv3 doesn’t come with out-of-the-box support for it :mrgreen:

Apart from multiple players each in their own independent instance of a game current prerelease is also capable of hosting one game for cooperative playing by multiple players together. Although there is no interface for it yet, you can make a request to “/webui/guestConnect” and receive an url for guest to join. (Of course, this is not a real “multiplayer”.)

Sorry if I’m being obtuse or not looking in the right place, but what Git repo are you all pulling from?

The frobtads repository on assembla.

I’ve been thinking a bit more about my own motivation. I suspect want I really want to do is use adv3 as the starting library in a MUD. It’s such a rich library (aside: are there any comparable libraries for conventional MUDs?). But I appreciate that it’s not really intended for multiplayer.