Cragne Manor hint thread

About the other things to do in the next room, besides what you need to do to get your stuff back:

Iā€¦ havenā€™t been able to solve that puzzle yet. But you can do a lot of other things without solving it! At least one thing you find in that room gets used there, so you might want to keep track of what you got from there.

Thanks matt w, but i havenā€™t found any book yet. I have been trying to get out of the station for the last 2 hours. :frowning:

The alter? Iā€™ve tried messing with it but aside from the flaskā€¦ I must be missing something or just having another verb issue.
dang verbs.

If you need a minimal, explicit walkthrough for getting out of the station:

From the first room,

go south, then east

In that room you can

open the closet

Using the information in there, you can

SET LOCKER TO ####

and take whatā€™s inside, i.e.

the insect

Then go

east and south

In that room, you can open

the trash can

and take everything.

Once you have everything from that last step,

Examine the doll

Youā€™ll notice you can do two things:

pull the string (which the woman reacts to), and

turn the head

Notice the womanā€™s reactions to what you do.

Basically,

sheā€™s scared of anything the mean face talks about

So,

Turn the face to the creepy side, pull the string until it mentions the insect jar you should be carrying, then give that to her.

OHH, i missed the trashcan. Thanks, craiglocke

incidently, ivā€™e found the doll is sometimes useful in other areas to draw attention to things you might have missed in the room description.

purple_monkfish, about the room next to the room under the hatch:

Have you found the thing you can open with the Allen key yet?

That is a hatch too.

Once you get that hatch open there should be a switch you can use to turn the lights on in the other room.

AHAH! I missed the second one.

right. Excellent, I have stuff again.

sweet.

now to not get eaten.

I have access to the manor! I feel like this might be a monumental moment. Much like obtaining that lion book.

Was that a compliment or criticism? In the first case, thanks. :wink:

@Grueslayer It made me much more emotionally invested in the game so I would sayā€¦compliment? It was memorable, unusual, and made me like the game better.

Cool. It made me wish I could collaborate more with other authors, to exchange ideas that might waft through more rooms than just mine, or another authorā€™s. But it was a great experience anyway.

I love that doll. I ā€œpull stringā€ an obscene number of times.

Well iā€™ve been at this for a good hour nowā€¦

Music room, the wall in the kaleidoscope room. Itā€™s too noisy to hear. Now my brain tells me I must need a glass or something but maybe not, maybe itā€™s another verb problem.
Or iā€™ve missed something elsewhere in this loop.

I have:the heart ring from the freezer, the poster from the concert, the chalk from the summoning, the childā€™s drawing of a corpse and iā€™ve drawn a circle around the body and put one ring on her. I assume thereā€™s another ring in the wall or something.
but how do I get the dang thing?

Weird, one of the things you mentioned is something that I didnā€™t know you could take, but actually should help you with your solution.

There are two riddles in Wadeā€™s room. Youā€™ve solved one, but not the other.

Some hints:

The room you solve it in is:

The back of the club

The only commands you need are:

just EXAMINE

The final solution is:

X LOAF (the loaf is the symbol of the something Loaf Mountaineers

If I dropped stuff in the open grave water have I made it unwinnable? Iā€™m assuming not, because itā€™s not supposed to be cruel, but I canā€™t retake that stuff in any way I can see. (I only dropped items from that room.)

Yessss it is doooone

can you ā€œempty graveā€? Does that help

Nope.

I will keep playing and if I made it unwinnable go back to an old save, not a big deal.

You should be able to do that if

Youā€™re holding the copper urn.

If you lost that, thereā€™s supposed to be

a special plastic urn that only appears if you really, really messed up