Conversation Choices

I’m new to writing IF and I just started with inform7 about a week ago. I’ve been reading a lot of the documentation and generally been figuring out things on my, but I cannot solve this problem to save my life and am in urgent need of help. I’m trying to figure out how a player can choose between three kinds of responses related to speech (such as confident, nervous, silence) and then have inform7 say back to the player what happens. Here’s the code I have relating to it so far but it resolved in error:

“Your response is:
NERVOUS,
CONFIDENT,
or SILENCE.”

North of The Police Station is a room called The Interrogation Room.

[Player choose an action. Dialogue progresses based on player choice.]

Understand the command “nervous”.Understand the command “confident”. Understand the command “silence”.

if the player writes nervous:
say “Your head is pouding and your mouth is dry. ‘I-I’m here to-uh.’ The officer looks up at you, quinting and fixing his glasses. ‘Question Mr. Gaines. Detective Lasky, right?’ ‘R-right’, you sttuter in reply. ‘Go right ahead.’”

Also, a more minor problem. Is there anyway to automatically move a player from one room to another? Any help with either of these is much appreciated.

One way you could do it is like this.

[code]“Test”

Include Reactable Quips by Michael Martin.

The Police Station is A Room. The Interrogation Room is north of The Police Station.

Yourself can be nervous, confident, silent or neutral. Yourself is neutral.

After looking in the interrogation room: deliver the officer talk quip.

Table of Quip Texts (continued)
quip quiptext
Officer Talk “The office leads you into the interrogation room. How are you feeling?”
Feel Silent “The officer looks up at you, quinting and fixing his glasses. ‘Question Mr. Gaines. Detective Lasky, right?’. You say nothing.”
Feel Nervous “Your head is pounding and your mouth is dry. ‘I-I’m here to-uh.’ The officer looks up at you, quinting and fixing his glasses. ‘Question Mr. Gaines. Detective Lasky, right?’ ‘R-right’, you stutter in reply. ‘Go right ahead.’”
Feel Confident “Your head is pounding and your mouth is dry. The officer looks up at you, quinting and fixing his glasses. ‘Question Mr. Gaines. Detective Lasky, right?’ ‘Indeed I am. Go right ahead.’, you reply confidently.”

Table of Quip Followups (continued)
quip option result
Officer Talk “Silent” Feel Silent
Officer Talk “Nervous” Feel Nervous
Officer Talk “Confident” Feel Confident

After quipping when the current quip is feel silent: now the player is silent.

After quipping when the current quip is feel nervous: now the player is nervous.

After quipping when the current quip is feel confident: now the player is confident.[/code]

It involves using the “Reactable Quips by Michael Martin” extension, which you can find here.

Also you can automatically move a player from one room to another by using one of these two.

move the player to (the name of the room);
now the player is in (the name of the room);

Hope this helps.