Consulting it about with a table

This code won’t compile:

[code]“Encyclopedia”

The computer room is a room. “There are many computer terminals here.”
The terminals are scenery in the computer room.
Instead of examining the terminals, say “You were never very good with these things, but one of them has a web browser open to Wikipedia.”
Understand “wikipedia” or “wiki” or “terminal” as the terminals.

Table 2 - Table of Wikipedia
topic Content
“twitter” “You read a lengthy article about Twitter.”
“facebook” “You read an article about Facebook. Important game-finishing info would go here.”

Instead of consulting the terminals about a topic listed in the Table of Wikipedia (this is the wikipedia rule):
Say “[content entry][paragraph break]”.
Report consulting the terminals about:
Say “You find nothing of interest.”[/code]

It’s complaining that “consulting the terminals about a topic listed in the Table of Wikipedia” “doesn’t make sense as an action.” Why not?

(NB: this is table 2 since in the actual work there already is a table 1. And yes I have tried compiling exactly the code shown above.)

Almost exactly the same type of instead rule is used in Example 94 in the documentation (“Costa Rican Ornithology”). What mistake have I made?

This works:

Instead of consulting the terminals about a topic listed in Table 2 (this is the wikipedia rule): Say "[content entry][paragraph break]".

The “table of” part in the table definition is superfluous, so if you name it “Table 2 - Wikipedia” you can refer to it as “table of Wikipedia”. Now it works if you refer to it as “table of table of Wikipedia” which would be kind of silly.

Thanks, that fixed it. I don’t know why I added the “table of” stuff, I didn’t in the other table.