Compiling Kerkerkruip

I am trying to compile Kerkerkruip using the files from the github repository, Inform Attack from here, and Alternative Permadeath from here.

After gathering these files, I get the following string of compilation errors. It looks to me like at least some of them stem from changes made to Inform Attack that are not reflected in the version I am using. For example, where Attack has “standard AI target select rules” the Kerkerkruip source refers to the “AI target selection rule”, and where Attack has the “damage modifiers rules” the Kerkerkruip rules use “damage modifier rules”. What’s going on here? Do I need to use a version of Attack other than version 3? If so, which?

Better yet, is there a reason that ATTACK and Alternative Permadeath could not be included in the repository so that folks don’t have to chase them down?

Thanks,
Erik

[spoiler]Translating the Source

This is the report produced by Inform 7 (build 6G60) on its most recent run through:

In Volume - Plug-ins, Chapter - Reloadable Weapons (Standard Plug-in), Section - Other stuff in the extension Kerkerkruip ATTACK Additions by Victor Gijsbers:

Problem. You wrote ‘An AI target selection rule (this is the randomise the target result more rule)’ : but the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should, with either ‘To’ (e.g. ‘To flood the riverplain:’), ‘Definition:’, a name for a rule (e.g. ‘This is the devilishly cunning rule:’), ‘At’ plus a time (e.g. ‘At 11:12 PM:’ or ‘At the time when the clock chimes’) or the name of a rulebook, possibly followed by some description of the action or value to apply to (e.g. ‘Instead of taking something:’ or ‘Every turn:’).
See the manual: 18.3 > New rules
In Chapter - Statistics, Section - Inherent damage modifier in the extension Kerkerkruip ATTACK Additions by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the inherent damage modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - New rolling mechanism in the extension Kerkerkruip ATTACK Additions by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the alternative attack roll rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Volume - Systems, Book - Monsters, Chapter - Weapon user in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a person (called P) when the chosen weapon is not readied and the running AI is not weapon user (this is the non weapon users never ready rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Blindness in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the blindness attack modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the blindness defence modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Healing in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘First AI action selection rule for a person (called P) (this is the consider healing rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Teleportation in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘First AI action selection rule for an at-Act person (called P) (this is the consider teleporting rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for an at-Act person (called P) (this is the teleport eagerness rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Ray of disintegration in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘First AI action selection rule for a person (called P) (this is the consider disintegrating rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Materials, Section - Silver in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the silver damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Doing risky things in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the defender is doing something risky rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Heat, Section - Feedback in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘First attack modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘Last attack modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘First damage modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘Last damage modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Weapons in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the heat increases damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Rust, Section - The property in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘First attack modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘Last attack modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘First damage modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘Last damage modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Weapon penalty in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the rust decreases damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Rusted monster penalty in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the rusted monster decreases damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the rusted monster decreases attack rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Death blessing and death curse in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the death-blessed rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the death-cursed rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Player forms, Section - Ghoul in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the ghoul has less chance to hit rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the ghoul gives damage resistance rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Vampire in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the vampire has more chance to hit rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the vampire has more chance to be hit rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Vampire bat in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the vampire bat has less chance to be hit rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the vampire bat has less chance to hit rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the vampire bat grants better retreat rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Part - Hiding, Chapter - Hidden in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems - Hiding Smoke Ethereal by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the hidden gives a small attack bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘First Standard AI rule for a person (called P) (this is the do nothing when all enemies hidden rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Part - Smoke, Chapter - Smoke, Section - Effects of smoke in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems - Hiding Smoke Ethereal by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the thick smoke makes attacking a little harder rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the running is less risky with smoke rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the retreating is less risky with smoke rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Part - Etherealness, Chapter - Etherealness in the extension Kerkerkruip Systems - Hiding Smoke Ethereal by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage multiplier rule (this is the ethereal damage multiplier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Book - Treasures, Chapter - Essences, Section - Essence of Caution (minor) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the caution grants better retreat rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Hats, Section - Crown of Hargo (cursed) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the crown of Hargo rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Metastasio’s hat (minor) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the Metastasio’s hat grants worse attack and better retreat rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Shirts, Section - Smoky robe (minor) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the smoky robe is better when smoke rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Robe of the Dead Mage (epic) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage multiplier rule when the global defender wears the robe of the dead mage (this is the robe of the dead mage damage multiplier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the robe of the dead mage protects you rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for an at-Act person (called P) (this is the robe of the dead mage discourages attacking rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Suits, Section - Suit of plate mail (major) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the plate mail damage modifiers rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the plate mail attack modifiers rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the plate mail running rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a person (called P) (this is the concentrate to compensate for the suit of plate mail rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Suit of dragon armour (epic) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the dragon armour damage modifiers rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a person (called P) (this is the concentrate to compensate for the dragon armour rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Scrolls, Section - Scroll of Protection in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage multiplier rule when the hit protection of the global defender is greater than 0 (this is the hit protection damage multiplier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Part - Weapons, Chapter - Sword, Section - Smoky blade (minor) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the smoky blade is better when smoke rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Dagger in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the dagger extra tension attack bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the dagger extra tension damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Axe, Section - Executioner’s axe (major) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the executioner’s axe extra tension damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the executioner’s axe is better in temple of Nomos rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Other weapons, Section - Glass Cannon (epic) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the being a glass cannon rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Miscellaneous Items, Section - Rod of the Master Builder (epic) in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the rod of master builder attack modifiers rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage multiplier rule when the player has the rod of the master builder (this is the rod of master builder damage multiplier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Ment in the extension Kerkerkruip Items by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the ment attack and defence bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the ment damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the feeling down attack penalty rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Book - Rooms, Part - The rooms themselves, Chapter - Entrance Hall in the extension Kerkerkruip Locations by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the attack penalty in Entrance Hall rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Hall of Mirrors in the extension Kerkerkruip Locations by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a person (called P) when the location is Hall of Mirrors (this is the concentration is more important in the Hall of Mirrors rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Phantasmagoria in the extension Kerkerkruip Locations by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a person (called P) when the location is Phantasmagoria (this is the concentration is often futile in Phantasmagoria rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Bridge of Doom in the extension Kerkerkruip Locations by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for an at-React person (called P) when the location is Bridge of Doom (this is the do not dodge on the Bridge of Doom rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Temple of Nomos in the extension Kerkerkruip Locations by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the Nomos attack bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the Nomos damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Temple of Aite in the extension Kerkerkruip Locations by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the Aite-loved bonus in Temple of Aite rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Part - Symbols, Chapter - Holy symbols in the extension Kerkerkruip Scenery by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the holy symbols attack bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Unholy symbols in the extension Kerkerkruip Scenery by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the unholy symbols attack bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 1 - Swarm of Daggers, Section - Definitions in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the swarm of daggers (this is the daggers do not concentrate rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Scattering in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the swarm of daggers (this is the daggers must wait if scattered rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 1 - Blood Ape, Section - Definitions in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the blood ape size damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the blood ape size attack bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Power in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the add ape power damage to damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 1 - Ravenous Armadillo, Section - Definitions in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the ravenous armadillo takes less damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Armadillo-eating in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the ravenous armadillo (this is the ravenous armadillo considers eating rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Power of the Armadillo in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the power of the armadillo gives damage resistance rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - The scales skill in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the scales gives damage resistance rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a person (called P) (this is the concentrate more if the player has scales rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 1 - Miranda, Section - Stunning blow in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the less damage when stunning rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Stunned in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the attack roll stunned bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for a stunned person (called P) (this is the do not concentrate when stunned rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 2 - Chain Golem, Section - Definitions in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the chain golem damage depends on concentration rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the chain golem (this is the chain golem likes to concentrate rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Disarm power in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act chain golem (this is the chain golem considers disarming rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 2 - Jumping Bomb, Section - Definitions in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act jumping bomb (this is the jumping bomb only attacks when highly concentrated rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the jumping bomb (this is the jumping bomb concentration select rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-React jumping bomb (this is the jumping bomb dislikes parrying rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A contact rule when the global attacker is the jumping bomb (this is the jumping bomb kamikaze rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the jumping bomb concentration attack modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the jumping bomb concentration defence modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 2 - The reaper, Section - Reaper’s scythes of flame, slaying and oxidation in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the scythe of slaying deals great damage to undead rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 2 - Demon of Rage, Section - When enraged in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the enraged and the demon of rage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Howling in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the howl attack bonus rule rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the howl damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 3 - Mindslug, Section - Mind blast action in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act mindslug (this is the mindslug considers mindblasting rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act mindslug (this is the mindslug dislikes attacking rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-React mindslug (this is the mindslug doesnt dodge rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI target selection rule for a person (called target) when the running AI is the mindslug (this is the mindslug prefers low willpower rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Slaves in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the mindslug defended by the enslaved rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the enslaved have bad defence rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Dominating in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the domination attack modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 3 - Giant tentacle, Section - The tentacle grapples in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A contact rule when the global attacker is the giant tentacle (this is the tentacle grapples rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act giant tentacle (this is the tentacle attacks only when not grappling rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI target selection rule for a person (called target) when the running AI is the giant tentacle (this is the tentacle prefers the grappled person rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - and the tentacle constricts in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act giant tentacle (this is the tentacle considers constricting rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - and the tentacle shakes in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-React giant tentacle (this is the tentacle shakes when attacked and grappling rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the tentacle-confused attack modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Tentacle prose in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘Last damage multiplier rule when the global attacker is the giant tentacle (this is the show the damage dealt by the giant tentacle rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 3 - Minotaur, Section - Minotaur’s axe in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Power in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the power of the minotaur damage bonus rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 4 - Bodmall, Section - Bodmall’s lightning attack in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the do not parry with metal weapons against Bodmall’s lightning attack rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the iron or silver suit acts as a faraday cage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Bodmall power - Raise fog in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for Bodmall (this is the Bodmall considers fogging rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Bodmall power - Transmute metal to wood in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for Bodmall (this is the Bodmall considers transmuting rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Bodmall power - Barkskin in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for Bodmall (this is the Bodmall considers barkskinning rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the barkskin decreases damage rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Bodmall power - Thorns in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the thorns running rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for Bodmall (this is the Bodmall considers summoning thorns rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Level 5 - Malygris, Section - Weapon in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI weapon selection rule for the dagger of draining (this is the Malygris prefers the dagger of draining rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - Special power - unghoul in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for Malygris (this is the consider unghouling rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Book - Other Monsters, Chapter - Nameless Horror in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the Nameless Horror (this is the Nameless Horror does not concentrate rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-React Nameless Horror (this is the Nameless Horror does not parry rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-React Nameless Horror (this is the Nameless Horror does not dodge rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the Nameless Horror (this is the Nameless Horror considers waiting rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Rotting corpse in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the rotting corpse (this is the rotting corpse without a head does not concentrate rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the rotting corpse attack modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the rotting corpse defense modifier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage multiplier rule (this is the limbless rotting corpse can’t attack rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Aswang, Section - Shape-shifting in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the aswang (this is the aswang considers shape shifting rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - The witch can hex you in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the as-witch aswang (this is the aswang as witch considers hexing rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - The dog simply attacks a lot in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act as-dog aswang (this is the aswang as dog likes to attack rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Section - The bird attempts to flee and regenerate in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the as-bird aswang (this is the aswang as bird considers fleeing rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Abyss of the Soul, Section - AI in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-Act abyss of the soul (this is the abyss of the soul pulsates rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the at-React abyss of the soul (this is the abyss of the soul does not react rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Smoke demons, Section - Prose in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage multiplier rule when the global defender is the smoke demon (this is the smoke demon denseness multiplier rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Chapter - Imp, Section - AI in the extension Kerkerkruip Monsters by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An AI action selection rule for the imp (this is the imp considers imping rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
In Volume - Special actions, Chapter - Retreating, Section - Going in combat in the extension Kerkerkruip Actions and UI by Victor Gijsbers:
Problem. You wrote ‘An attack modifier rule (this is the running is risky rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.
Problem. You wrote ‘A damage modifier rule (this is the running is very risky rule)’ : again, the punctuation here ‘:’ makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn’t begin as it should.[/spoiler]

Yeah you’ll need the files from the ATTACK git repo too: github.com/i7/ATTACK

ATTACK is a separate project and it makes sense for it to have its own project. We could include the files in Kerkerkruip, but then they might get out of sync which I don’t want. Any suggestions?

Ah, I wasn’t aware that Attack had its own repository. Google led me to the link I posted via IFwiki, and there was no mention of a separate github repository on the IFwiki page. Maybe just instructions and links to dependencies in a readme on the Kerkerkruip github page would be the simplest fix?

But the Kerkerkruip source should probably also specify minimum extension versions, e.g. “Include version 4 of Inform Attack by Victor Gijsbers”. That would have immediately sent me looking for a newer version. Whereas my first inclination was to wonder if I needed to somehow get my hands on version 2…

–Erik

Edit to add: Also, it is maybe a bit inconvenient for potential users that the Attack github page doesn’t seem include a link to the manual or the example story that you get when downloading version 3…

I wonder if there isn’t something else still missing? After including the ATTACK extensions (there are now two, ATTACK and ATTACK Core), I got the following string of I6 compiler errors:

[spoiler]Launching: inform-6.32-biplatform “-kE2SDwG” “+include_path=/Applications/Inform.app/Contents/Resources/Library/Natural,.,…/Source” “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf” “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/output.ulx”
Inform 6.32 for Mac OS X (18th November 2010)
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 10934 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.

with p167_death_cursed

File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 10934 # Error: Expected ‘with’, ‘has’ or ‘class’ in object/class definition but found “false”

with p167_death_cursed false

File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 11006 # Error: Expected directive, ‘[’ or class name but found with

with

File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 11012 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.

;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 11019 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 11134 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 11138 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 14517 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 15832 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 15893 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 15950 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16030 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16137 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16197 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16258 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16378 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16439 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16484 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16549 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16628 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16687 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16773 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16809 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16875 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 16940 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17019 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17121 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17196 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17266 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17312 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17449 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17496 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17546 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
File “/Users/arikohnstad/I-F/Inform7/projects/Kerkerkruip/Kerkerkruip.inform/Build/auto.inf”; Line 17595 # Error: Limit of property entries exceeded for this object; MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT is 64.
;
Compiled with 34 errors and 3302 suppressed warnings (no output)[/spoiler]

I was able to fix this by including the line “Use MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT of 128” in the story file, but the fact that it needed fixing suggests that something may be missing or not updated…?

–Erik

Sorry, one more thing: the cover image(s) should also be added to the repository, so that it is easy to create a release version to test in other interpreters. For example, the printing of the dungeon building progress at the beginning of the game seems likely to be buggy – I’ve been playing release 5 in Gargoyle and not seen any such text, but it shows up in the Mac IDE when I build from source. This suggests that this text is being printed illegally, and that CocoaGlk doesn’t care while GarGlk does. I need a release build to confirm that this is the case (maybe the dungeon building text is a new addition?), but have to muck about creating fake cover images before I can get one.

(And yes, I can confirm that GarGlk doesn’t like however the progress text is being printed during the dungeon-building phase. Other spec-compliant terps probably don’t like it either.)

–Erik

Yes, we need to update the wiki pages, and I’ve begun rewriting the ATTACK manual too.

I haven’t had the time to work on any of this recently, so Victor will have to answer about the errors you’ve been seeing…

That’s fine, as author of Glimmr I find it very easy to understand lagging documentation. But since a public call for contributions has been issued, I wanted to highlight what the experience of a would-be contributor looks like right now.

As far as the issue with the progress text is concerned, I am hoping to contribute a fix for that myself.

Erik, sorry that it hasn’t been a piece of cake. Kerkerkruip is my first collaborative project, and I clearly haven’t thought through all the logistics! I’ll make some updates asap.

Thanks Victor! It really wasn’t that much trouble to figure out, but I thought it might be off-putting to other potential collaborators.

I have:

• Tried to update the gitignore file in such a way that the graphic file is now included in the repository. (But I’m not sure whether this is working…)
  • Ensured that ATTACK version 4 is asked for.
  • Replaced the ATTACK-latest.zip with zip file that contains only a README.txt that redirects you to the github page.
  • Turned Alternative Permadeath into Kerkerkruip Permadeath and added it to the repository.

I hope that helps!

Thanks, Victor! I wonder if the MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT will still cause anyone problems, but hopefully most people who are intermediate novices will know how to solve that one.

The .gitignore file blocks the entire Materials folder. Presumably that folder needs to be allowed before the cover images will be placed into the repository…? (I’m a newbie to git)

–Erik

.gitignore simply stops nagging you about files that aren’t in your repository. I set it up so that you can simply copy your extensions directory to your git directory and it will ignore all the others. But you can always manually git-add the files you want.

Talking about the cover, can we change it so that it’s square?

Anyway, to clarify: The cover image is still not in the repository.

OK, I’ve updated from the repository, and still find I have to include this in my story file before I can compile:

Maybe the Mac and Windows/Linux (not sure which you’re using) versions of Inform have different default settings?

FYI since I didn’t mention it before: The .inform file/directory in the repository doesn’t compile on a Mac (it chokes looking for the headings XML file), so it’s necessary to copy the story file into a new project to work, and some of the files included in the repository have minor differences when compiled with a Mac (e.g., forward vs. backslashes in file paths).

–Erik

I thought all the I6 compiler builds in common use have the same default settings. I’m not absolutely sure, though.

I’m using the Windows version right now. Whatever the cause may be, I’ll add the MAX_OBJ_PROP_COUNT line to the source file – it certainly can’t hurt. I’ll also retry adding the jpg.

Edit: Both should be done.

Finally getting git set up for real! Has “type” recently been added to Kerkerkruip? That is:

Type is a kind of value. The types are living, undead, demonic, horrific. A person has a type. The type of a person is usually living.

This seems to conflict with Flexible Window’s use of “type” as a property for g-windows, preventing Kerkerkruip from compiling with FW (sample error message below).

Any objections to changing “type” in Kerkerkruip to “creature-type”?

Problem. The sentence ‘The types are living, undead, demonic, horrific’ appears to say two things are the same - I am reading ‘types’ and ‘living’ as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that ‘Adam is Eve’. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance ‘Land of Nod is a lighted room’ says that something called Land of Nod exists and that it is a ‘room’, which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called ‘lighted’ which I also know about.

–Erik

It looks like a new “scaling” word also conflicts with scaling in Glimmr. Once I track down what that is, are there any objections to changing that as well?

EDIT: It’s an action. How about calling it “self-scaling”?

EDIT EDIT: I was able to fix this one by changing the order in which the Glimmr extensions are included, no need to change the action name!

Changing type to creatur-type: no problem. I’ll do so. (But if you can make a github issue, I won’t forget. :wink: )

And yes, that’s new – originally, I used factions to determine stuff like who was undead and who was demonic and so on. But this turned out to be a bad and confusing design decision.

I’ve made the changes in my local copy, but I’ll probably wait to commit anything until I figure out this nasty bug that’s crashing the interpreter when Flexible Windows is installed! Anyway, I opened a new issue.