Combat-related extensions?

As a little coding exercise, I’ve begun writing up a cheesy, old-school, Zork/Colossal Cave-esque kind of thing, based around gathering up treasures, buying/selling equipment, and fighting generic D&D-ish baddies (trolls, kobolds, etc.). Which brings me to my request: Could someone point me towards a combat-related extension for Inform 6? Or, if such a thing doesn’t exist, maybe something else (documentation, a source code, or something) related to hack-and-slashery? Anything will do, really, I’m just looking for a way to get started when it comes to wielding things, sharp weapons vs. bludgeons, hit points, and whatnot. Any help at all with this would be thoroughly appreciated.

Most extensions are listed on inform7.com, so I would bookmark that site.

One for combat and another for magic: inform7.com/extensions/game/

Victor has an ATTACK extension that isn’t on the main website. I think the current version is 3.

http://gamingphilosopher.blogspot.com/2011/07/inform-attack-version-3-released.html

Inform 7’s all well and good, but I asked for extensions for 6. Do these only exist for Inform 7?

ATTACK only exists in Inform 7. I don’t know if there are any Inform 6 extensions with this goal, but if there are, you should be able to find them in the complete list of Inform 6 extensions. (A quick search for “combat”, “attack”, “dungeon” and “RPG” didn’t give any hits, though.)

Gak. Sorry about that.

Nah, it’s fine. I should really try 7 out anyway, haha.

Aaaanyway, so should I just kind of forge my own path here? I mean, it probably shouldn’t be that hard (just lots of tedious slogging through lots of ifs and elses and variables), right?

Well, it still might be worthwhile to read Victor’s posts about ATTACK, just to get an idea about the kinds of design decisions he built into it and get you started thinking about your own system.

My bad, I kinda glazed over the 6 because of all the threads I had just been reading on 7.