Colossal Cave in Dialog

This could be covered up, but I personally like the effect. It’s as if you can feel the numbers being crunched, like the clattering cogs of a complex mechanism. But I can see how it might distract from the story. What are people’s opinions on this?

3 Likes

Doesn’t bother me at all, just describing it for the home audience. There’s a difference between, as you say, some clattering cogs, and the sensation of “oh my, it’s going to be thinking about the next word for the next 20 seconds… and now the next…” while running an I7 game, etc.

1 Like

Some more typos…

“With what? Your bare hands.” should be a trailing ?

(narrate opening $Obj) at the bottom lacks a final period.

Bear has one piece of punctuation too many: (bear) and seems quite ferocious!.

“away” vs. “sway” in The bear wanders sway from you.

1 Like

This is a minor update, fixes many typos (thanks jcompton for those you identified), fixes a couple of bugs, and tidies up a few things.

Dialog Adventure.z5 (175.0 KB) Dialog Adventure.zip (40.1 KB)

4 Likes

There are two mazes here, all with identical room names ‘Maze’. Performing an action on a room (take maze) can lead to 'Did you want to take Maze, Maze, Maze or Maze?

The number of Maze’s depending on the number of maze rooms in scope.

If I add a scenery maze object and attract it to all mazerooms this ‘fixes’ the issue. Aside from not have identically named rooms is this the best way to approach this?

A minor update to the latest version of Dialog (0m02) fixing a few things along the way.

Dialog Adventure.z5 (173.6 KB) Dialog Adventure Source.zip (30.4 KB)

5 Likes

Updated to the latest version of Dialog (0m03).

Dialog Adventure Source-r4.zip (30.6 KB) Dialog Adventure-r4.z5 (179.1 KB)

3 Likes

Updated:
Linked version on Borogove.io
Dwarves, pirate, and endgame reworked.
Quick move commands.
Dialog Adventure Source-r5.zip (87.9 KB)
advent-r5.z5 (202.8 KB)

https://vs83mdsm.play.borogove.io/

8 Likes