Clubfloyd OPEN to Beta Testing [UPDATE: ONLY ONE SLOT LEFT FOR BARE BONES/ECTOCOMP]

Try this →

#clubfloyd Hi Jacqueline, can I please get a clubhouse pass?

Make sure to include the hashtag.
Jacqueline is on her way to get you.

1 Like

I’ve tried with and without quotation marks. Changing the curvy quotations to straight quotations seems to produce valid commands but nobody has responded.

"; Jacqueline, please can I get a CF pass?**
You ask, "; Jacqueline, please can I get a CF pass?"

#clubfloyd Hi Jacqueline, can I please get a clubhouse pass?**
No such channel: 'clubfloyd'.
2 Likes

Now we are playing
This must be a time issue.
I was to comment the change of horarie zone.

1 Like

Perhaps clubfloyd is restricted becouse of the betatest

1 Like

Yeah, you got burned on Daylight’s Savings Time. @bg tried warning everyone last night but it was probably too late:

We’ll be more conscious of stuff like that moving forward.

1 Like

It is muy birthday and I have been occupied outside all the day…

4 Likes

Happy birthday, Jade!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday! Thank you to everyone who attended today.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for Beta-testing your game with us. It was a pleasure to have you! I hope it proved helpful. Let us know if you’d like to beta another game with us in the future.

1 Like

It seems like the steps for joining may have changed, so if someone is new, I suggest doing this:

When you first log on to ifMUD, type

Lounge

That will take you to the room where most people hang out.

Then, type something like

"Hi! I want to join ClubFloyd. Can someone give me access?

When you are talking to people in the room (and not on a particular channel), make sure to include the quotation marks (") at the beginning. Then everyone in the room will be able to see what you are saying.

(If you are wandering around ifMUD and you get lost, you can always type

Lounge

again.)

2 Likes

Second betatest session went off without a hitch. Thank you @aschultz for allowing us to betatest your game! Hopefully, we gave some useful feedback. Good luck in the Spring Thing!

I have one individual circling for the March 27th slot, but they haven’t fully committed either, so if there are any other @springthing-2022 authors looking to get a last minute group beta before the deadline, hit me up with a DM or an email.

April 3rd IS spoken for by an TALJ entrant, although that leaves April 10th, 17th, and 24th open for Text Adventure Literacy Jam authors looking for betatesting feedback.

5 Likes

Thanks! I really enjoyed it, seeing new and old faces alike. The players found a lot of useful stuff, technical, cluing-wise, and narrative, to punch up. So it went really well for me, and I encourage others to take advantage of the opportunity. It was also good to have a deadline to fit (hopefully) the most important stuff in, before the comp deadline. I can be a horrible procrastinator & I can also focus on minor features too much.

Some of the stuff that got found, I felt kind of silly overlooking it & wondered how I missed it, but it was a quick fix and they were more than good sports about it.

It’s going to be a big relief not to have to rush things before the deadline.

I hope to be back there on the other side sooner rather than later, throwing out helpful ideas when the next person sends their work in.

9 Likes

Sorry to miss this one Andrew. I’m interested to see what you enter, even though as you know I am not so good at some of your logic puzzles.

3 Likes

For anyone with Literacy Jam or Parsercomp entries, ClubFloyd is still open to Beta-Testing. Simply reach out to me to reserve your session. Thank you for the Spring Thing participants who beta-tested with us; best of luck on the Spring Thing judging opening (approximately) Tuesday the 5th.

3 Likes

Need help here.
I can’t enter ifmud by entering http://ifmud.port4000:4002.com/bui
I have also tried connecting with some mud clients with no result.
Have been some changes or issues?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Was able to log in fine, asked for assistance with your login issue:

Update:

Update x2:

@Jade

2 Likes

@Jade - Were you able to log in correctly?

2 Likes

Do you still need help, @Jade ?

2 Likes

I also made this mistake, the ifMUD site says:

To reach ifMUD via telnet or with a MUD client, use this address: ifmud.port4000.com 4000

It should just be ifmud.port4000.com as the url and 4000 as the port, there’s a better tutorial here:

http://www.allthingsjacq.com/ifMUDfaq/clients.html

It’s not a very intuitive site

3 Likes

Thank for your support. I can’t explain the issue but I am going to explain how I have got connected again.
After consulting wiki and mud pages I tried to connect with the 3 ports: 4000, 4001, 4002 with no result.
Then I installed some Android mud clients: Muckluck, Blowtorch, Andromud, configuring that with usual settings: ifmud.4000.com port 4000 with no result…
… but Andromud give me a different info: my system is too new for that app… and magically I got connected.
Then I tried to connect with Muckluck and worked fine. The same for Blowtorch and web client.
I don’t barely understand what have happened.

Thank you for your support.
I only manage ifmud to connect Clubhouse, read bb and nothing further.

2 Likes