Clock problem in Sugarcube 2

I have just recently reused Twine and once again apply the clock system as well as the rightUIbar into it. But when I use Sugarcube 2 as the game format, the clock shows this

I changed back to Sugarcube 1 and the clock’s back to normal but the rightUIbar couldn’t show up…
The clock system i used is proposed by Charlie in this thread:
https://twinery.org/questions/20222/help-making-simple-clock-calendar-system-for-sugarcube-twine
And the right UI Bar by HiEv:
http://twinery.org/questions/25976/how-to-create-a-right-sidebar

Good grief! Don’t use SugarCube v1 (or any other outdated story format)! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’d strongly recommend making sure that you’re using the latest version of SugarCube instead (currently v2.35.0).

Anyways, things look like that because you’re running it in Test/Debug mode. That mode can mess with the way things look, especially if you’re using tables. Try running it using “Play” instead of “Test” and see what it looks like then.

Also, I’d take older information, such as from the old Twine Q&A site (twinery.org/questions/) or the even older Twine Forum (twinery.org/forum/) (both of which are now closed), with a grain of salt, since some of the data there is out of date, meaning that it either no longer works, may require some tweaking to work now, or there are just plain better solutions now.

Currently the best locations to find up-to-date Twine discussions are here in the IntFiction.org Authoring/Twine section, the r/twinegames subreddit, and the Twine Discord server. I’d check those places for more recent answers to your questions first, before going back to the older sites.

But, back to your main question, if running it normally doesn’t solve your problem, then we’ll need to see some simple code demonstrating the problem, either posted here within a “preformatted text” block (the “</>” button in the editor window’s toolbar) or as a link to a Twine HTML file which demonstrates just the problem (no extra code, if possible). Also, please be clear about what problem you’re seeing and what you want it to do instead. Without that kind of information, we can only guess at what’s going on.

Finally, you might also want to check out the “Time” section of my Twine/SugarCube sample code collection to see if there’s any other information which would make things simpler for you out there.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi HiEv,
Thank you for replying and helping me with my problems. It turns out the problem in the picture happened because i clicked the play button on the passage, not the play button of the whole story. I was also silly enough to forget that i erased the starting passage and didn’t get a new starting point.
Thank you anyway, I guess things’re back to normal now. I’ll inform if there’s any other issue.