Child's Play

It is playgroup day and playgroup day is normally a good day but ever since that little red-haired girl started coming she always wants your toys.

She shouldn’t get your toys.

You tried telling the mom this but she doesn’t understand you. She mostly ignored you but then she just shoved a pacifier in your mouth and changed your diaper.

I’m pleased to announce the final game of 2007: Child’s Play. It’s the completed version of my second-place 2006 Introcomp game, and as such is only the third completed Introcomp game, and the first of the class of 2006.

It’s a puzzle game, but unlike my earlier ones, it’s impossible to get it into an unwinnable state, and it’s chock full of NPCs. You can get it from

ifarchive.org/if-archive/gam … lay.zblorb
granades.com/downloads/ChildsPlay.zblorb

and soon from

mirror.ifarchive.org/if-archive/ … lay.zblorb

All of my beta-testers were wonderful, but I’d like to single out three for special mention. Admiral Jota tested both the Introcomp and final versions of the game. Lucian Smith and Dan Shiovitz went above the call of duty, playing all of the early incomplete versions of the game, which means they’ve been playing this game since early 2006.