checking how interpreter processes up arrow?

Hello,
It looks like I’ve broken “again” in my game, and it would be very useful. In many interpreters I can tell the player to type up arrow to repeat the previous command, but I don’t want to tell them to do that unless the interpreter actually supports it. Is there some sort of gestalt check (I think it’s called) that I can use to check this, or should I just tell them “Your interpreter might have this feature”?

FWIW, in iFrotz you can double-tap the command line to get access to a history of recent commands. It’s a sort of up-arrow-ish-thingamajig. If it helps ease your concerns, or if you want to actually include this information in the game.

I can’t imagine a modern interpreter in any system that doesn’t have any such similar feature, actually.

sadly, android keyboards don’t have arrow keys :frowning:

Do they have any such shortcut? Any way to redo the last typed command?

just retyping all over, at least hunky punk

blessed parser shortcuts :laughing: and at least there’s swype

Huh. Curious omission. Guess no one thought it up.

Nope.

How did you break ‘again’? At the grammar level? Or way deep down?

I never wanted to type ‘g’ or ‘again’ again, so I make my games so that hitting return at a blank prompt repeats the last command. However, under the hood, this does rely on the ‘again’ function actually working. So whether you could go my way depends on the nature of your breakage.

-Wade

Way deep down. I’d be happy to understand “again” or “g” as a mistake and give the error message, but “again” handling is deep enough in the parser internals that I can’t even do that easily.

I’m using Multiple Actors, so I think the underlying issue may be that the game is loading a bunch of ghost commands into the For reading a command activity between everything the player actually types. Or it could have something to do with the layer of kludges of piled on top of Multiple Actors.