Changing/disabling [More] prompt

Is there a cross-platform/interpreter way to change and/or disable the [More] and similar prompts?

Whether or not the [Hit any key to exit.] prompt seems to be only controllable at runtime by the command line, at least with frobtads: the -p flag disables the exit prompt when quitting, and there doesn’t seem to be any way at all to change the text when it’s present, which is irritating.

But I’m looking for a way to disable the [More] prompt, to facilitate testing via script.

Here’s a silly not-even-approximately-a-game thing:

#charset "us-ascii"
#include <adv3.h>
#include <en_us.h>

versionInfo:    GameID
        name = 'sample'
        byline = 'nobody'
        authorEmail = 'nobody <foo@bar.com>'
        desc = '[This space intentionally left blank]'
        version = '1.0'
        IFID = '12345'
;
gameMain:       GameMainDef
        newGame() {
                local i;

"<.p>";
                for(i = 0; i < 40; i++) {
                        "<<toString(i)>>\n ";
                }
                "<.p> ";
        }
;

In frobtads, >frob -pnci plain game.t3 just prints the output and exits if the term window it’s running in is 40 or more lines tall, otherwise it pauses at the [More] prompt.

This is relatively easily handled via an expect script, but that ends up potentially complicating parsing the output. emglken run on the command line doesn’t display any prompts, but startup is substantially slower than a complied interpreter, which isn’t a big deal running a single test but can become painful when running a bunch of regression test scripts.