Bug in Dendry

I just noticed a bug in Dendry, and since @cchennnn is still working on her fork of the code I figured I’d post it here.

I don’t know if this is a user error thing, but whenever I build a game and then go to test it, the section that displays the title is blank, and the title is displayed as the author.

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with this error. (I captured this after trying to build New Year’s Eve 2019.)

  throw err;

Error: Cannot find module 'C:\dendry\new-years-eve-2019\...'
←[90m    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:933:15)←[39m
←[90m    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:778:27)←[39m
←[90m    at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:81:12)←[39m
←[90m    at node:internal/main/run_main_module:17:47←[39m {
  code: ←[32m'MODULE_NOT_FOUND'←[39m,
  requireStack: []

1 Like

Thank you for the bug report! I have only tried using dendry on Linux, not windows, so I suspect this error might be related to that. I’ll see if I can run dendry on windows sometime. Does the compilation process still finish and produce a usable html?

Yes, I believe that’s the only glitch.

After installing Node in WSL and testing Dendry, the bug went away. This must be an issue that only crops up on Windows.

1 Like

After an update gone wrong, I lost my WSL and had to reinstall it, and now I can’t get dendry to run.
Whenever I try to build a dendry project, it only prints “undefined,” like the argument parsing code is failing somewheere. When trying to create a new project, I get the following error:

          keys = Object.keys(attr);

TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
    at Function.keys (<anonymous>)
    at attach (/home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:343:25)
    at attach (/home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:348:28)
    at assembler (/home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:354:18)
    at /home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:364:32
    at EventEmitter.prompt.getInput (/home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:497:14)
    at get (/home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:363:12)
    at /home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/lib/prompt.js:322:7
    at /home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/node_modules/async/internal/withoutIndex.js:8:40
    at replenish (/home/hunter/dendry/node_modules/prompt/node_modules/async/internal/eachOfLimit.js:81:17)

Edit: I solved the error by completely replacing the dendry directory and copying the version from Windows into my home folder.

1 Like