Broadcasting IF Comp 2015 on Twitch

Thank you for playing Gotomomi! I just watched the archived video. It was 11 P.M. over here when you started your broadcast, so I wasn’t able to follow it live. Here are a few non-spoilery comments (there are lots of spoilers to be found in this forum if you so desire):
If you ever get back to the game, it might be worthwhile to check out your inventory before you make the first move (don’t worry, there is no real need to start all over). You may also want to read the help text.
“Konbanwa” means “good evening” in Japanese, and “Shitamachi-dôri” means “Downtown avenue”.
It took quite a bit of effort to work out the balance between tedious enough and playable enough at the fish factory. Yet still, some players failed to solve the puzzle and ragequit.

Sure thing! It’s 4th on my list, so 50 / 50 I get to it next week. First ep. is lost because I messed up settings, which sucks. Also tickled I’m influencing mapping! I’d hoped that watching live would be helpful, and it’s interesting to think that’s one of the large takeaway messages.

Thanks for the translations! :3 Sorry Google Translate died.

I’m sorry I didn’t get through the whole game, I was really enjoying it and it felt like there was a lot there, I was just sick and my strength was flagging. I’ll let you know how the rest of my off-camera playthrough goes! I’ll be excited to finally be able to read other reviews about your game.

As far as the fish factory, I actually thought it was a good puzzle, I just felt bad going through it on-camera, since it was so repetitive. I think it had potential to be confusing because so many adventure game puzzles are about bypassing hard work, but that wasn’t the point of this puzzle. I think something that would have encouraged players would be to have comments from the protagonist at the 25% 50% and 75% marks commenting on the passage of time, like, “Only X hours left. You can’t imagine having to do this every day.”