Breakfast

ifcomp2016

I’ll be doing Breakfast again this year, of course; but this time I’ll be doing them as I go along instead of all at once after I’ve finished everything. The first review (“The Queen’s Menagerie”) is already on the site.

I’ll also be posting them to my blog.

0 Likes

Glad to hear it! The Breakfast Reviews are a joy to behold.

Last year my game earned the rank of “congee”. That’s pretty good, but I hope to improve on that this time around!

0 Likes

Oh, man, I think I missed these last year, but I love the comparisons to different breakfasts :smiley:

0 Likes

And that’s it! All 58 games reviewed! Votes have been submitted! Now I think I want to lie down for a bit…

Here: The Breakfast Review: IFcomp 2016

0 Likes

You did a tremendous job. Overall my fave reviews of the comp and I’ll likely be going back over your coverage of all the past years!!

0 Likes

Christopher – excellent as always! Hands down the best reviews to read!

0 Likes

Thanks! I hope people like them well enough to consider supporting my writing efforts.

0 Likes

I’m impressed you’re able to do these reviews AND write. I didn’t close to get through all the games this year, so it’s always nice to have a guide like yours that never feels like just a guide.

0 Likes

(Hanon Ondricek) #9

We are not worthy! This has been a huge highlight of every IFComp for me.

Has anyone ever assembled their assigned breakfast in honor of their review?

0 Likes

Joey Jones, co-author of “Calm” in 2011, did! He even posted a picture, though the picture link appears to be dead now.

0 Likes

(Victor Ojuel) #11

We should totally do that. As a matter of fact, we should make it compulsory, a sine qua non condition for IFComp participation :laughing:

You wrote this, now you gonna eat it.

PS: A Bloody Mary? Don’t mind if I do…

PPS: Put your code where your mouth is.

0 Likes

I would be okay with making pancakes and serve it in a tray that has a secret compartment which contains… more pancakes.

0 Likes

A lovely idea, but I’m not even sure where you can buy an egg coddler these days! XD

0 Likes

Actually, we should contrive some breakfasts and see if someone can make a game to match. BreakfastComp.

0 Likes

I do not want to be the author who has to make up a game matching “manna from Heaven with an accompanying chalice of ambrosia”.

0 Likes

Dunno about the manna but

0 Likes

In sweden, we call the centre of wheat-seeds “mannagryn” and we also make pudding out of it, so combined with Robin’s suggestion, that’d make it pudding with a side-order of pudding.

0 Likes

In that case, I guess such a game would be the one that sounds like it should be Beyond Amazing and then turns out to be a mundane, gloopy mess!

0 Likes

I wish I could get chwee kueh here!

0 Likes

I ate my breakfast review in 2011. Since then these reviews had been one of the highlights of the comp for me.

0 Likes