Borogove: Online editor for Vorple, Inform, Hugo, Dialog and Ink

Works a charm. Thanks a lot!

I noticed a small problem with PunyInform. If I change storyfile format by adding this at the beginning of my program:

!% -v3

…I can’t change to z5 or z8 later on. When I start the game, the z3 file is started every time.

Good find, I’ve set it to clear the output directory so that it doesn’t pick up the old files anymore.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for Borogove, @Juhana . I was using it a bunch a couple months ago when I didn’t have a local Inform 7 instance.

1 Like

Tried this on my phone now, and it’s mostly working well.

It seems the file manager is missing when using this on my Android phone. I can’t find a way to download my source code, so if I start a project on my phone I can’t make a backup or transfer the files to my desktop?

Also, copy-paste operations don’t seem to be supported at all, or is broken for me at least. I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

Another user on the PunyInform Discord server said he couldn’t delete the first character of a sentence when trying this out with Inform 7 on his Nokia 7.2, so if he got the first character wrong he was stuck.

Yeah, it’s basically desktop only at the moment. The editor component authors claim that it straight up won’t work on mobile phones even though it does work reasonably well or at least better than not at all. A mobile version would have to replace the fancy editor with a basic edit field.

1 Like

This has now been added, there are arrows next to file names in Dialog projects that can be used to move them around. The order in the file manager determines the compilation order.

file_ordering

4 Likes

Thanks!

There are now new versions of the Inform 6 compiler, the Inform 6 standard library and the PunyInform library. Would be nice to have them in Borogove.

(Releases · DavidKinder/Inform6 · GitHub)
(Releases · David Griffith / inform6lib · GitLab)
(Releases · johanberntsson/PunyInform · GitHub)

3 Likes

Everything is now up to date!

4 Likes

That would be good. Sometimes I feel like checking something but can’t on the mobile. Another thing is how to enter a tab character.

It’s an amazing website/app.

Any chance you could add the option to author a project in .zil?

2 Likes

Hi @Juhana . Could you include the Spanish Language extension? It was testing in linux mint OS and it went well.

You will find it in its repo.

Thanx in advance.

2 Likes

Hi, the Spanish language extension is now added to the I7 compiler (“Include Spanish Language by Sebastian Arg.”) I haven’t tested it other than checked that it compiles so I’ll take your word for it that it works with the latest Inform version.

I also updated the I6 Punyinform library to 2.8.3.

This is on the todo list but not a very high priority right now so it might take a while before it’s added.

5 Likes

This is on the todo list but not a very high priority right now so it might take a while before it’s added.

Understood.

1 Like

Oh, muchas gracias!! :grin:

I’ll tell you if there is any problem. Thanxs!!!

1 Like

Ink has now been added to the list of available languages.

6 Likes

Firefox gives me an error in the iframe when testing a game: it would seem the certificate has expired. I haven’t tested on other browsers.

(I’m not using Borogove so it’s not important for me, but it could be for others.)

Thanks, the certificate has now been renewed. (More accurately it already was but the server still used the old one…)

2 Likes

Do you think increased mobile support would be something you focus on? I’ve been using this the past few days on mobile and have loved it since it’s the only ide for inform 7 on mobile. However I have run into a few problems which I assume are due to being on mobile: as someone else has mentioned copying and pasting does not work (though I am able to download the game file) and I believe I’ve run into a problem with formatting tables. As someone who only has access to a mobile as a form of computing I’d love to see a mobile version that fixed these issues.

1 Like