Bitterly Indifferent IFcomp 2022 Reviews

• Chase the Sun: Puts a lot of effort into establishing a specific atmosphere, and it might be a meta-narrative about persistence in the face of adversity?

• No One Else Is Doing This: If you aren’t going to do the work, somebody else might. And if nobody does it, that might not matter. This entry does not reward persistence.

• Use Your Psychic Powers at Applebee’s: This entry fully embraces the absurdist corporate marketing deployed by retail food and beverage companies, wielding it with a cheerfully sociopathic indifference.

• The Hidden King’s Tomb: As a parser entry, this adventure covers all the bases. It was smoothly implemented, and I would have appreciated a chance to explore further.

10 Likes

To Persist/Exist/Endure, Press 1: This entry was small and polished, but I couldn’t figure out how to improve the main character’s situation.

Headlights: More focused than Kidney Kwest, the last Perplexity game I encountered, but it worked best when the parser and I stuck to clear language and simple concepts.

3 Likes