Beta testers wanted: 1940s detective game

I’m looking for beta testers for a 1940s detective interactive fiction, The Big Fall. It’s a parser game written in Inform 7 and intended to be played in Glulx.

It is a 60 room game, but I have programmed an in game hint system and included a full walkthrough, so I believe that experienced IF players shouldn’t have too much trouble completing the game.

The fiction is intended to read like a 1940s pulp detective story and involves the player driving around 1947 Los Angeles.

Please message me if you’re interested in being a beta tester.

4 Likes

Sounds like a game I would enjoy playing. However, I’m not a great player so probably not the best beta tester. :frowning:

If you want to give the game a try and write back with any feedback, that’s fine with me! Message me if you’re interested. If not, no problem, you can wait for the full release.

I could give it a try. Is there any kind of feedback in particular you’re looking for? Spelling or grammatical errors, bugs in the program, etc.?

Yes, I’m definitely looking for feedback about spelling and grammatical errors and bugs. I’m also happy to get any feedback about how you feel the puzzles are, how much you enjoy the game, and anything else you can think of. Message me if you’re interested.

1 Like