Before putting rule doesn't work

I wrote:

before putting something into Akkubohrer: if the something is not the akku1 begin; if the something is not the akku2 begin; say "Dies ist nicht der passende Akku." instead; end if; end if;
The compiler says:

Problem. You wrote 'before putting something into Akkubohrer'  , which seems to introduce a rule taking effect only if the action is 'putting something into Akkubohrer'. But that did not make sense as a description of an action. I am unable to place this rule into any rulebook.

I am confused, why doesn’t this make sense as an action? I am sorry for my scrub questions, but I just can’t spot the mistake. Instead of ‘something’ I already tried ‘noun’, but that didn’t work either, I am grateful for any help.

In Inform 7, the action for putting an object into a container is called “inserting something into”.
Try this:

before inserting something into Akkubohrer: if the something is not the akku1 begin; if the something is not the akku2 begin; say "Dies ist nicht der passende Akku." instead; end if; end if;

You can enter the ACTIONS debug verb to print the names of events. Then simply try the action you are interested in:

Ahhhhh, thanks, it worked out. And also big thanks for the debug command :smiley:. So putting is like: “Understand ‘put [something] into [something]’ as inserting it into.”. That makes sense, I hope I won’t forget that :wink:.