Authoring Experience Study

Hi everyone I posted this under the authoring category but in case people haven’t had a chance to lay eyes on it I am re-posting under this category.

I am a doctoral researcher with the University of Southampton, UK and I am looking to conduct a 30 minute interview by whatever means possible with people who are active in writing with any digital interactive tool. Let it be hypertext based, parser based, choise-based, or whatever exists out there, I am keen and looking to listen from a variety of personal reflections on your experience with trying to use one of these tools and write a piece of digital interactive work.

The study is looking to identify issues around the use of the tools and determine whether there is an underlying authoring process that if brought forward can help authors understand the tools better and use them to write exactly what it is they want to write, as well as inform designers on what they should keep in mind when developing the tools.

I would appreciate a lot those authors who are willing to come forward and have a chat with me. If you are interested please email me at sk1n15@soton.ac.uk or s.kitromili@soton.ac.uk where I can tell you more about the study and how you can take part.

Any feedback is highly valuable and we can only take such feedback from authors like most of you who experience authoring first hand.

Many thanks in advance

Sofia Kitromili

P.S The study will be looking to conduct interviews until May 2020 so feel free to contact me anytime until then.

4 Likes

Hi Karen

Thanks for taking an interest in the study. If you pop me an email on sk1n15@soton.ac.uk I will send you a bit more info on the study which you can review and we can discuss how to arrange a chat.