Author Highlights: Adam Cadre

I want to echo RealNC’s concerns: especially in these days of Fake News and fluid truth, I find it very troubling that there is some official expectation by the site staff that we indulge in historical revision of basic public facts. Adam is of course free to advertise, and not-advertise, whatever games he wishes on his web site; and likewise community members should be free to make an individual, personal decision about whether to respect Adam’s wish to distance himself from his games. I don’t see how the code of conduct, even broadly-construed, plays any role here: publishing a game is an overtly public act and linking a game to its publicly-announced author is far from “mini-doxxing” or (per the CoC) “exposing private information”!

4 Likes

Your concerns are noted.
[Hanon]

Fair point on the “private information” thing. All I would say is that it’s a personal decision clearly for Cadre and it’s right for people to accept and respect that.

Yes! This!

I know this thread is a few years old now but reading Emily Shorts review of Adam Cadre’s Endless Nameless prompted me to loop back to this. Emily very specifically suggests that branching out into other communities including but not limited to the world of the indie game dev - whilst also continuing to have the academic discussions - is the way to go.

Adam

3 Likes