April 28th Has Been Postponed

qué linda noticia!

thanx for all the work, past, present and future.

Happy birthday inform!! :slight_smile:

Unification of Text and Indexed Text sounds like a major improvement. But I wonder how much code will have to be changed in old games to make that work? I hope the Inform gurus will give Extension authors early access to enable the to update their code. That will make everyone’s life easier. Still, I’m excited by this news and look forward to the new release. If there is any way for all us Inform authors to buy the Inform7 team drinks, please let us know. (Or alternatively, I’m happy to send a 1930s Dennis Wheatley as is my custom.)

–Zack
z-machine-matter.com

Early access has not historically been the plan since, ya know, we’re all authors. Extension or not. If the software is out, it’s out.

Historically (again) every I7 update has required a certain amount of fixes to both game and extension code. If you’re in the middle of a project it may be desirable to keep the old compiler around to build it.

(I will have to evaluate my Hadean Lands work, when the time comes, and see whether I need to be on that path. Good thing I have lots and lots of unit tests…)

I still compile Shadow and Secret Letter with 5Z.