Apollo 18+20: The IF Tribute Album

No worries on that score [emote]:)[/emote]

I’ve been mostly-quiet due to being extra-busy, but I do believe I’ll have my fingertip ready for the testing deadline [emote]:)[/emote] Yesterday I finally dove in past the preliminaries and did a big wobbly pile of writing on it.

Awesome! Some betas have been trickling in, and I’m getting excited to see this all come together.

-Kevin

I am so glad I signed up do this now, because for longer than I care to admit I have been spending most of my free time rereading and going over my voluminous stacks of notes on my massive project (not something I do a lot, but the project has reached that ‘last chance to make significant structural changes’ point). This stage of where I’m at is really boring drudgery and I am progressing so slowly and feeling so sluggish, that taking a few days break to do some real coding again and freshen up is exactly what I need right now. 8)

I’ve got some ideas. I didn’t want to predetermine what I would do too much and I’m glad I didn’t. Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s experiments, too.

Paul.

Gunna be a day late.

I’ve been a bit sick so I may need an extra day as well. But it’s more for touching things up than not having anything period.

Btw, I’ve enjoyed the games I’ve betatested so far.

I just sent mine in – but I didn’t take any of your excellent feedback into account, aschultz! Sorry. I’ll give it a look in the beta-testing period (been busy).

…this is the start of the beta period, not the end, right?

Yeah this is the start of the beta-testing period. Today is the deadline, but I don’t think I was informed what time-zone, so I interpreted it most liberally at 11.59 HAST, which gives me another 13 and a half hours…

[emote]:-)[/emote]

I’ve gotten some already, and hopefully I’ll get more soon. Just FYI, my current plan is to get what I’ve got out for beta testing after work on Monday, i.e., around 7 or so U.S. Eastern time.

-Kevin

Aha! Got it in just under the … um … within a tolerable distance of the wire …

This link is now dead. Something is glitchy at the Gameshelf!

Paul.

EDIT: Found this updated version that works in Kevin’s initial playtesting package email…

gameshelf.jmac.org/2011/12/apoll … e-album-1/

Yeah, I noticed that a couple of days ago. Will fix tonight. The original URL will work again, and the changed URL (with the “-1”) will be dead.

-Kevin

D’oh! I just gave the ‘-1’ version out to someone. I’ll wait until the proper one’s up later then send him an update.

P.

For all those watching at home, the URL is now fixed.

-Kevin

never heard. Well, good luck anyway.

Well, that was fun [emote]:)[/emote] Can’t wait to see the finished game-pile later today!

Yep it’s going to be great seeing how they all turned out. I hold out hope that all the MIA games turn up.

I finally submitted my games, a little later than I really should. I still have the same relationship with deadlines as I did when I was a student and wrote the last quarter of my MA dissertation on the day of submission.

The games are going to be playable online, right? This means someone with sufficient web-fu could create a browser-based randomiser which loads up a random game or series of games in the manner of a CD track shuffler.

I got mine in too!

This should be simple enough with some crafty JavaScript. In fact it could be designed to mimic a CD track shuffler. I may already have a simple form of such a code somewhere.

I was an hour or two late, myself … I totally forgot to do the cover image until last night, and was hustling in Photoshop. Oooops [emote]:([/emote]

Yes, I’m putting them all up on the PR-IF site (thanks to Zarf for the help with this). I will leave it to someone else to make a shuffler if they want. If someone does, let me know and I’ll link to it.

-Kevin, waiting on just a few stragglers